Chapter Forty Four

Khushi wouldn't say another word, which scared Arnav. Concerned, Arnav took her home just as his father had told him to in his text. When they got there, Khushi stepped out and headed inside before Arnav could say a word. He followed behind her and watched as Khushi sat down on the sofa, lost in thought.

"Khushi?" He went over to her and crouched before her. "What's wrong? Is everything okay."

Khushi shook her head and then looked up at him. "Arnav, I'm scared."

He caressed her face. "Why? What's wrong?"

Khushi held his hands. "You'll never leave me, will you?"

Arnav's eyes widened in shock. "What the? Khushi why are you asking such a stupid question?"

"You won't ever stop loving me, will you?"

Now Arnav was getting irritated. "Khushi this is ridiculous! What the fuck is the problem?"

"Arnav, language!"

"I don't fucking care!"

"Well you should care because I don't want our child to hear such words!"

"I don't care if our-" And then it hit him. "O-our what?"

Khushi pursed her lips and a smile tugged onto her face as Arnav's eyes brightened up like the fourth of July.

"Our child? Our child?! Our child?!!!" He placed his hand over Khushi's stomach then quickly moved it away. "No, I need to hear it," and he moved his ear over her stomach.

Khushi broke into laughter. "You won't hear anything now!"

"Then when," he asked, looking up at her with wide and bright eyes.

"In time, when the baby is bigger."

"Well how big is it now?"

"Well the picture from the ultrasound in the file-"

Arnav didn't hear another word as he had gotten up and dashed out to the car to retrieve Khushi's report, leaving Khushi in a laughing mess. When Arnav returned, he had the picture in his hand and he was absolutely focused, looking at the picture as his feet moved him forward without thought.

Khushi felt relieved. The baby topic wasn't exactly spoken on properly, therefore not clearing out how they each felt about having a child. She had her doubts due to her nerves, but her heart had convinced her that Arnav would love to have a child as well. But just to be safe, she played this charade - well, it was also to mess with him.

Khushi got up and joined Arnav by his side. The photograph didn't show much of course, as the baby was very small at about eight weeks.

"Khushi?"

"Hmm?"

She looked up at him, however Arnav was still focused on the picture.

"I'm really happy, I really am, but...."

Khushi froze, the smile on her face slowly fading. "But what?"