Chapter Twenty Five

Two weeks later, a family party was held, hosted by Akash's parents. Arnav and Khushi came with Aryan and Dai Ma. NK and his family arrived, as well as Lavanya's long-time boyfriend, Aman. While the older men went deep into their political talk in the living room, the older women went on with their gossiping and latest shopping trip in Aksah's parents' room. The young men went off to Akash's man cave and the young ladies all went out to the back and sat by the pool.

"So how's it going between you and Aman," Payal asked Lavanya.

"Everything's perfect," Lavanya gushed. "He bought me a necklace the other day and it had a locket. When I opened it up, it had pictures of us," she beamed.

"Aww, how cute," Payal gushed. "Do you think you guys are that serious to get married?"

"I don't know. I mean we've been dating for three years and things are fine."

"Three years," Khushi asked.

Lavanya nodded. "Mm hmm. I mean it wasn't a solid three years, we broke up twice in between, but it was over stupid things. When I think back on it, I wonder why I acted so stupid for and hurt myself for no reason."

"It's because you've got yourself a little temper," Seema teased.

Lavanya stuck her tongue out at her. "Oh please Bhabi - I see you getting mad at my brother."

"Me," she questioned innocently. "I have done no such thing," she winked.

Everyone chuckled.

"What about you Seema," Payal asked. "Things still good?"

Seema nodded. "Oh yes, even after two years. Thank goodness we survived that itch."

"Itch," Khushi questioned.

"Mm hmm, the itch can happen at certain times. Some have the one-year itch, others with two - there's a variety of 'em."

"Ooh."

"But it's rather impressive though," Payal said. "I mean you guys got married right after high school!"

Khushi's eyes widened. "What?"

Seema nodded. "We met in junior high and since then, we've been together. In our senior year of high school, NK proposed, saying that he can't imagine his life going on without me in it."

"Boy, do I remember him the night before he proposed," Lavanya chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"What happened," Khushi asked.

"My poor brother couldn't sleep that night and at four in the morning - morning! - he woke me up and asked for advice."

"Oh my gosh, at four?"

"I know! I was like what the hell! and he was like sorry, i didn't know if you were asleep," she frowned.

All the ladies laughed. Khushi then turned to Seema. "So you just agreed? What about your family?"

Seema's smile dropped. "I don't have anyone... I'm an orphan," she smiled lightly.