Chapter Sixty

When Khushi opened her eyes, light invaded her sight. She tried adjusting to the light as her hearing began to clear, the sound of static going away. She heard both Arnav and Aryan calling out her name and that was when she finally looked at them. Before she could say a word to Arnav, she was taken away from them, the two being prevented from joining her.

Seeing the lights and people around her, Khushi realized she was in the hospital. Barely anything registered afterwards, the doctors doing whatever they needed to. When things began to clear for her, she saw Arnav bent over her, running his hand through her hair.

"Arnav," she weakly whispered.

Tears escaped and flowed down Arnav's cheeks, and he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Mr. Raizada?"

Both turned their attention to the doctor and Arnav placed another kiss on Khushi's forehead before joining the doctor. They stepped to the side and that made Khushi curious.

"I'm afraid the condition is quite critical," the doctor began. "I'm afraid it's only the mother who can survive."

Both Arnav's and Khushi's eyes widened.

"We can try to save the child, but it won't do good for Mrs, Raizada and it may end her life. The situation is critical - you must decide what to do," and she left the room.

A sob escaped from Khushi's lips and Arnav quickly dashed to her side. He held her tightly in his arms as both cried.

"Khushi-"

"Save her."

Arnav pulled back and looked at her in shock. "What?"

"Save her, Arnav. Please, you have to save her."

"What-? No! No, I will not risk losing you Khushi-"

"You have to save her Arnav. She deserves her chance at life-"

"Not by losing you. Khushi, Aarav needs you, everyone needs you," he said, running his hand through her hair. "need you."

Khushi shut her eyes, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"You can't leave me," he whispered.

Khushi opened her eyes and looked into his. Memories since the first day they had met flashed in her mind. For every moment, she was grateful for and she mentally thanked divine above for all of them.

"Save her Arnav," she whispered. "Or I'll never forgive you."

Arnav's eyes widened as his jaw slacked. "Khushi," he breathed.

"Save her so I can die in peace."

Arnav recoiled at her words, stepping back as he looked at her in horror. Khushi turned her face the other way as tears continued to pour down her cheeks. Arnav was stunned by her words, his mind no longer working. He found his legs walking him out of the room, his parents spotting him immediately.

"Chote? Chote how is she? How is the baby," Shalini cried.

But Arnav didn't answer and his legs continued to walk him away.

"Save her Arnav, or I'll never forgive you."

Arnav felt his heart constrict as he continued to walk down the hall.

"Save her so I can die in peace."

Arnav shut his eyes as his jaw and fists clenched. I can't let you go Khushi. I can't.

Arnav stopped and he opened his eyes to find himself among a few others, praying to DM. He was shocked that he had absentmindedly brought himself here - he, a man who had no faith.