Chapter Forty One

Raizada mansion had truly changed after that day. Happiness had truly returned to the home and it was filled with laughter. Mornings began with Shalini and Khushi waking up early and preparing breakfast. Aryan and Arnav would come down to join the ladies, have breakfast together before going off to work, of course, after the men snuck in a kiss from their wife. The day would go on and both mother and daughter worked together in the house until the men came home, had tea together and relaxed, worked a bit more, before joining together again for dinner. After dinner would always be fun, sitting out in the back patio, talking the night away until they went to bed for, well, night activities ;)

As planned, a party for Shalini was held and many family friends and relatives came together that night, extremely happy that Shalini was back. When the guests were settled down, Lavanya introduced Shalini to the stage and Shalini thanked everyone for coming. She explained somewhat of the hardships she had faced and that she is very grateful for the love and support she receives from her family, and couldn't ask for anything more.

Well...

"...I am not just a proud mother of one child, but a proud mother of seven children, a proud mother in-law of three, and now I hope to be a proud grandmother of many," Shalini grinned.

While the three Raizada boys' eyebrows shot up, the three Raizada bahus blushed and looked away.

Shalini chuckled. "Once again, thank you so much for coming out tonight," Shalini smiled, and she returned to her husband, who wrapped his arm around his wife and held her to his side.

The three Raizada men turned to their wives. "You heard her," they whispered with a smirk on their face, their intentions clear.

However each of the bahus had a different reaction:

"Indeed I did," Seema said, biting her lip, her intentions clear.

"I did. So," Payal smirked, her intentions clear.

"I... I... um, I," was all Khushi could say, feeling very blushy on the topic.

"Is my sweetheart blushing," Arnav teased.

Khushi bit her lip, trying her best to avoid Arnav's gaze. Of course she wanted children, however the topic coming up like this was quite embarrassing to Khushi, especially with the way her husband was gazing at her.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw NK and Seema get up.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about," Arnav said, bringing Khushi's attention back to him, though she still wouldn't look at him. "Plus, it is Ammu's request after all."

Khushi glanced up to look at Shalini. She was still with Aryan, talking to some guests.

"And we have to respect her request," Arnav murmured.

Khushi was about to say something when she saw Akash and Payal get up and leave.

"So what do you say Khushi," Arnav smirked softly.

"U-um... I... I...."

"Yes," Arnav said, moving closer to Khushi.

"Um, I, um... I'll be right back," and Khushi quickly got up and dashed away.

"Khushi," Arnav called out, but Khushi quickly swerved away.

She made her way through the guests and excused herself to the ladies room. Once she was inside, she checked all of the stalls, then locked the door so no one could come in. She moved to the sink and washed her hands, hoping the cold water would cool her down. She dried her hands and ran them over her head to smoothen out her hair.