Chapter Sixty Two

After a hard day of work, Arnav was grateful to be home. It was rather quiet, but only because his parents had gone out, taking Ahana with them. They had asked to take Aarav as well, but Arnav and Khushi had thought it would be better for it to be just them, plus Khushi could use Aarav's company.

Arnav was still mad at Khushi for what she had said to him back in the hospital. He was mainly upset that she had thought of him to be as such and didn't understand how much he loved her with all his heart. Normally after they fought, it wouldn't take too long for them to patch up. But this time was different, this time Arnav had been truly hurt.

Arnav made his way to their room and found Khushi alone, laying in bed, reading. Normally he would find Aarav beside her, sleeping, but Aarav was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Aarav?"

Khushi looked up from her book and took in Arnav, looking absolutely handsome in his navy blue suit, white shirt, and black tie. "His room," she said softly.

Arnav scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well he's getting older so... I thought it would be best to start shifting him there. He can't sleep in between us forever."

Arnav nodded in understanding before turning to leave the room. "You know what's best," and he left.

Khushi reached her arm out to call out to him, but he left before she could. She let out a sigh and turned to the baby monitor beside her, sitting on the night stand. She saw Arnav enter the room and loom over Aarav's crib.

"Hey little man," he whispered.

Aarav's chest slowly rose and fell as he breathed, his little hands formed into fists by his head. Arnav bent forward and placed a kiss on Aarav's forehead, then left the room. Moments later, Arnav came back into their room and Khushi looked up at him. She watched him as he took off his jacket and went into their closet. Moments later he came out with a change of clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

When the door shut, Khushi sighed and laid back in bed. This was how it usually went between them, hardly any words exchanged unless necessary. She absolutely hated it!

Should I do what Lavanya suggested? It wouldn't hurt to try....

Khushi put her book aside and got up. She went into the bathroom and found Arnav in the shower. The sound of water pouring filled up the room, making it easy for Khushi to slip out of her clothes and join him quietly.

Arnav was lost in thought, his eyes shut and his hand on the wall. He was suddenly taken away from them when he felt his wife wrap her arms beneath his, holding onto his shoulders as she buried her face in his back. Arnav placed his hands over Khushi's to free himself and turn to her, but her grip tightened.

"I'm sorry," Khushi whispered.

Arnav could feel her warm tears on his back, unlike the cool water that cascaded down both of them. Arnav once again tried to free himself, but Khushi refused.

"I'm so sorry Arnav," she cried. "I never should have said such hurtful things. I wasn't thinking clearly when I said that, I was just too sprung up by my emotions. The last thing I could remember then was what the doctor had said and what I had asked of you, so I reacted that way even though I shouldn't have. I'm really sorry, I know how much you love me, I do, I never should have said any of that!"