Chapter Twenty Three

Arnav laid back in bed as Khushi read aloud to him:

"Are you sleeping with anyone?” 

The question was asked so casually it took a second to process what he’d said. 

I inhaled sharply. “Why is that any business of yours?” 

He looked at me and I saw what I’d seen the first time we’d met—tremendous power and steely control. Both of which had me taking an involuntary step back. Again. At least I didn't fall this time; I was making progress. 

“Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.” 

"What the," Arnav said, hearing that line.

"I know," Khushi gushed. "Isn't he so demanding?!"

Arnav cocked an eyebrow. "Angel, say what?"

Khushi giggled. "I think it's... cool, that Gideon is so demanding."

"Cool?"

"Yeah," she smiled, and she went back to her book.

Arnav just blinked. "Who are you and where's Khushi?"

Khushi put the book down and chuckled. "I'm right here Arnav, stop teasing me," and she went back to the book.

"I'm serious! I'm surprised you even read these books!"

Khushi looked up at him. "But why? You once saw me reading Fifty Shades Darker in the library."

"I did?"

Khushi looked side to side. "Yeah... you asked if the seat was taken while I was reading."

Arnav crossed his arms and went into thought. "Hmm... can't remember."

"I was blushing...?"

"...Oh, now I remember," and he chuckled. "Well if the books make you blush, then you're too innocent for them baby," he teased.

"Oh please, I've read that series a good four times already."

Arnav's eyes widened. "Say what?!"

Khushi smiled and nodded. "Yerp," and she continued reading.

Arnav blinked. "Then that means... you know all about this stuff?"

"What stuff," she asked, not looking up.

"This... the sex."

Khushi looked up at him and saw the confusion on his face. Sighing, she bookmarked the page and put the book down and then turned to him. "Yes Arnav, I do know everything about sex."

"Then... all this time... when I asked you to stay calm and...?" Arnav was just too confused.

"Well... I mean I know about it, but doing it is different than knowing," Khushi said softly.

"Uh... huh...."

Khushi pursed her lips and slightly shrugged. "Does it bother you," she asked softly.

Arnav shook his head. "No.... I just thought... I didn't think you'd know about this stuff. But it does rather explain some things."

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows. "Explain what?"

Arnav smirked and came over her. "Why you're so kinky in bed," and he winked.

Khushi gasped and blushed. She slapped him on his chest and Arnav laughed. He buried his face in her neck and held her tightly to him as he laid back down. Khushi just smiled and ran her fingers through his hair.