Chapter Fifty Eight

It was a lovely day, the sun shining brightly, gracing the town. On a beautiful day like this, Khushi thought it would only be perfect to take Aarav out to the front and soak in the sun.

"Did you put sunscreen on him? I swear Khushi if-"

"Oh would you relax Arnav," Khushi chuckled, holding her phone in front of her. "He's covered in sunscreen from head to toe."

But Arnav's frown did not go away. "Show me him."

Khushi rolled her eyes and tapped on her phone, switching to the other camera to show him Aarav. Aarav was propped up against a pillow, smashing a plush toy onto the blanket they were sitting on as he cooed.

"Did he tan," Arnav exclaimed.

"Oh for-! Arnav!" Khushi switched the camera back on her. "Will you relax? He needs some Vitamin D and maybe you could use some too."

"Oh? I bet you'd like me to."

Khushi visualized Arnav shirtless and stretching under the sun. "Yes," she whispered, biting her lip.

Arnav couldn't help his chuckle. "Naughty wife."

Khushi winked, causing Arnav to gasp.

"Oh, my wife is being brave. It seems like whenever you're pregnant, you get braver."

Khushi gaped at him. "I do not!"

"Do too."

"Do not!"

"Do too."

"Do-"

Khushi caught Aarav looking at her, drooling around the plush.

"I think our son is judging me."

Arnav let out a laugh. "Now that's my boy."

Khushi turned her attention back to the screen and stuck her tongue out. "Go back to work."

"Ah, but I can hardly focus. How's the little one?"

Khushi placed her hand over her stomach. "Still quite tiny and definitely not kicking any time soon."

"What do you think we'll have this time?"

"Um... I don't know. A part of me says boy, but it would be nice to have a girl."

"Let me talk to my little one."

Khushi chuckled as she lowered the phone to show her flat stomach.

"You better be a girl in there, I can't be wrong twice."

"Arnav," Khushi chuckled.

"Papa's pride is on the line, sweetie."

"Oh my gosh! Arnav," and she brought the phone back up. "Don't put the child to blame."

"I know, it's all my fault if she isn't a girl. Dammit swimmers," he muttered.

Khushi could not hold back her laugh, Aarav looking at her again. At first he drooled around the toy, but then he broke out into a smile and smashed his toy on the blanket as he cooed. Khushi pointed the camera at him and Arnav took a screenshot on his phone to forever cherish this moment.

"My little man," Arnav sighed.

"Hmm," was all Khushi could say, smiling softly.

"Well I better get back to work if I want to rush home."

"You always rush home," Khushi pointed out.

"Can't help it. I love you Khushi."

"I love you too," she smiled.

"Give Aarav a kiss for me."

"Will do," and they ended their video call.

Khushi took Aarav into her lap and placed a kiss on top of his head. She played with him until lunchtime, then decided to go back into the house. Just as they were about to, Shalini and Aryan arrived with Ahana.

"How did it go at the doctors," Khushi asked.

"These doctors are nothing but stupid," Aryan huffed.

"Aryan," Shalini scolded, covering Ahana's ears while Khushi did the same to Aarav, frowning at him.

"Well they are! So what if you're a little older? Big whoop!"

"They just want to make sure that-"

"That there's no risk of any diseases, blah, blah, blah!"

Khushi pursed her lips to stop her smile while Shalini scowled at him.

"It's better to be safe than sorry," Shalini pointed out.

"Sorry about what? You're healthy, I'm healthy, so she's going to be healthy, end of!"

Shalini rolled her eyes and Aryan took Ahana from her.

"Your mom is worrying for nothing," he muttered.

"Am not," Shalini defended, but Aryan ignored her, cooing at his daughter.

"If you two are done, shall we head inside," Khushi chuckled.

"Yes please, I'm starving," Aryan groaned.

They began to head inside, when one of the guards came over. "Khushi Bhabi, there's a package for you and they need your signature."

"Package," Khushi questioned. "But I didn't- oh, it must be those bottles!"

"Bottles," Shalini questioned.

"One of Arnav's business partners got us glass baby bottles as a present when they heard I was pregnant again, and they said it would be delivered to us. I guess it must be that."

Shalini hummed and then took Aarav from her. "You go ahead and sign, and I'll get the little one ready to eat."

Khushi nodded and headed towards the gate while the others headed inside with the infants. The deliveryman stood outside the gates by the back of his truck, so Khushi went over to him.

"Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada," he asked.

"That's me."

In a flash, the man covered her mouth with his hand and Khushi squealed, She tried to pry the man's hand away, but his grip was too strong. The man began to drag her back, Khushi struggling to free herself from his hold. She tried hard to scream, but his hand continued to cover her mouth, preventing her from making any loud noise. As he moved her to the back of the truck, Khushi realized what he was going to do. She tried to pry away again, but her hands were forced behind her back with his arm. He only loosened his hold on her momentarily to retrieve a syringe and stabbed it right into her arm, injecting the fluid within her. It took its affect instantly, Khushi no longer fighting him and sleep starting to take over her.

With the injection taking its affect, the man began to place Khushi inside the truck. Just as he placed her inside, Arnav drove from around the corner and saw the truck. At first he couldn't clearly see what was happening from the distance, but just as he got closer, he had enough time to see the man close the shutter and see a lifeless Khushi.

"Khushi," he yelled out.

The man quickly got into the truck and sped off, Arnav speeding up to catch the guy. He quickly called his father as he chased the truck.

"Chote-"

"Khushi's been kidnapped!"

"What?!"

"She's senseless in the back of some fucking truck, some fucking idiot took her!"

"How?! She was just at the gate- shit! There was no real delivery!"

"Get the cops quickly, I'll let you know where once I've tagged him down."

Arnav quickly hung up and followed after the truck, going to the outskirts of town.

I swear, if he does anything to my Khushi, I will not let him live!

~
Dhun dhun dhun! 150 stars and I'll post the next chapter