Chapter Fifty One

"The countdown has begun Khushi."

"That it has Ammu. If only I knew how long I had."

Now heavily pregnant and in the month she was due, Khushi was very much waddling like a penguin. Here at the and, she had inflated up far more than she had before.

Shalini reached out and held her hand. "Don't worry sweetie. It's unpredictable when, but when he's ready, we'll all be prepared."

"Thank you Ammu," Khushi smiled. "And when she's ready to arrive, we'll be ready."

"Oh don't worry about me hun, I've got another month to go."

"In a way, you're lucky."

"That's true. But I really can't wait anymore, I just went her to arrive."

"Well if that's the case, her room had better be ready."

"If it isn't, then there's something wrong with her father. We found out months ago we're having a girl, so if he hasn't even picked out the wall color yet, there' going to be problems."

"Don't worry Jaaneman..."

Aryan came into the room, his son right behind him.

"It's all ready," he smiled.

"Really," Shalini questioned.

"Both are done," Arnav grinned with pride.

"So... does that mean we can see it," Khushi asked, batting her eyelashes.

"Babe, I've old you numerous times, you don't need to do that," and he held his hand out to her.

Khushi took it and with the help of Arnav, she stood up. Aryan went over to his wife and helped her up as well and both couples headed upstairs to the rooms. 

"Ready," Arnav asked.

Khushi nodded, very excited, and Arnav opened the door. Khushi stepped into the room and gaped - it was absolutely adorable! The room had yellow wallpaper with cartoon giraffes on it. In the center of the room was the baby's crib and a mobile hung over it, little animals hanging on it. On one side of the room was a changing table, several products on the side, ready and prepared, as well as diapers. Against another wall was a toy chest and a bookshelf beside it, filled with books and more toys. There was a playpen on the other side of the room for when the child grew a little older. And the big teddy bear Arnav had gotten months ago with Aryan sat in the corner of the playmat, the rocking chair near it.

"Oh Arnav... it's beautiful!"

"Really? You like it?"

"Oh I absolutely love it! Thank you so much," and she reached up on her toes to kiss him.

Arnav happily kissed her back and cupped her face. "Anything for our child."

Khushi smiled and turned to the changing table. A little gray tiger sat on top of it and Khushi picked it up and hugged it. "Now I'm kind of jealous of the little one. This stuffie is so cute!"

Arnav chuckled and held her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Would mommy like a stuffie?"

Khushi looked up at him and nodded.

"Then a stuffie she shall get," and he kissed her cheek, Khushi bursting into a smile.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, love. There's just one more thing I need to add however."

Khushi turned in his hold and looks at him curiously. "And what's that?"