Chapter Fifty Seven

With Aarav back in their lives, the Raizada home was filled with talk and laughter, the family coming over to see him and to play with him. Aarav and his baby aunt Ahana became quick friends and everyone loved watching them play together.

"So what exactly is he going to call her," NK asked with a frown.

"It's going to be awkward between the two, I'm sure," Akash said.

"It's always been awkward, even before the two got here," Arnav said, holding his son in his lap.

"Nonsense," Khushi said. "How is it awkward," she asked as she tried to feed Aarav.

"My sister is older than my son by a few minutes - its weird."

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"Chill Bhai," Lavanya said as she sat down beside him. "It's kinda cool."

"Cool? How the hell-?"

"Arnav," Khushi scolded.

"That's not a bad word," Arnav said defensively.

Khushi scowled at him and Arnav rolled his eyes, earning another scowl.

"Okay fine!" He turned back to Lavanya. "How the," and he quickly covered his son's ears, "hell," and uncovered them, "is it cool?"

Khushi placed her palm on her forehead with a shake of her head.

"Is this what I'm gonna have to deal with when he gets here," Seema said as she joined the others with Payal.

"I'm afraid so," Khushi scowled at Arnav, but he was busy frowning at Lavanya.

"Well it's not like every kid can say hey! My aunt is my age," Lavanya said.

Arnav scowled at her and covered his son's ears. "Shut up," and uncovered them.

Khushi palmed her forehead again. "Hai DM!"

Aarav cooed and tossed his arms up and so did Ahana.

"Did Ammu call?"

"They're still holed up at the doctors," Arnav replied.

Khushi nodded in acknowledgement. Payal went around to Ahana and sat down on the floor, placing her in her lap. Ahana bounced in her lap and babbled, and Aarav babbled back.

"What do you think they're saying," Payal wondered.

"That we're weird for talking differently," Lavanya shrugged.

Ahana and Aarav babbled again, Aarav tossing his arms in the air, preventing Khushi from feeding him.

"Aarav please baby, can't you be like Ahana and eat properly without a fuss?"

Aarav babbled but his arms were still in the air.

"I guess not," Payal chuckled.

Khushi sighed. "He just has to be difficult like his father."

"What the-? Excuse me," Arnav frowned.