Chapter Fifteen

After Shyam had left, Garima and Shashi had wanted a word with him, but he completely ignored them. He was pissed at them. He was told that Khushi was getting married to the boy she wants, but it was obvious he was lied to.

The next day, they went to college. The girls were heartbroken to learn that Arnav Singh Raizada would become officially taken and would no longer be available in the market. Arnav spent time with Khushi, as much as he could, since he wouldn't be able to see her after the haldi.

How cute!

The week had passed and the mehendi would happen today.

After school, the two were at the park, sitting on the grass, by the lake. Arnav had his head rested on her lap, holding her tightly by her waist.

"Arnav?"

"Hmm?"

"Isn't it kinda weird? I mean, we've known each other for a short time but..."

Arnav looked up at her. "So?"

"Nothing. It's just that... this is fast, isn't it?"

Arnav caressed her face. "I know. But... I just don't want to waste any time. I don't want some stupid fight to occur and possibly break us, and think years from now what could've happened."

Khushi smiled lightly. "You're so sweet."

"I believe the phrase should be 'you're so romantic'."

Khushi shook her head, rolling her eyes. Arnav smiled his boyish smile and pulled her face closer to his. Her hair draped over on the side and Arnav ran his fingers through it.

"Your hair is so silky," he admired.

"And your hair is really soft."

Arnav was about to pull her in closer to kiss her, when:

"Didi!"

Both looked up and saw Shyam coming their way. Arnav groaned and Khushi giggled. Arnav sat up and looked at Shyam evilly.

"Sorry man," Shyam said, "but I need to take Di home."

"What? Why," Arnav whined.

"Arnav," Khushi giggled, standing up and going to her brother's side.

"What," he asked innocently.

"Well," Shyam began, "I'm taking her for the mehendi."

"Oh right! Forgot about that."

Shyam shook his head and then looked at his sister. "Chale?"

Khushi nodded and Shyam turned to leave. Khushi was about to follow, when Arnav stopped her.

"Can't leave me this quickly can you," Arnav smirked.

"Arnav, I'll be late-"

"They can wait," and he leaned in and kissed her.

Khushi cupped his face in her hands as Arnav held her waist.

When they broke, Arnav said "remember when I said I would have you for a whole day?"

Khushi nodded.

"Now I'll have you for a lifetime."

Khushi smiled. "Seven lifetimes."

"Forever."

"Together."

"Di," Shyam hollered.

Arnav sighed. "What is his problem," he said exasperated.

Khushi giggled and then pecked his lips. "Gotta go. Bye," and she ran off.

*~*

At the Gupta's, the mehendi went perfectly. Khushi was smiling brightly and Shyam was there to protect her. Garima and was there, but she showed no expression. There was music playing on full blast and people dancing.

"Khushi betiyan," a woman said. "Come dance!"

Khushi shook her head but everyone forced her up. Shyam grabbed his camera quickly, as well as his phone. He recorded Khushi dancing to "Mehendi Hai Rachnewali" and once she was done, Shyam sent the video to Arnav.

Arnav had just gotten out of the shower and saw his phone go off. He went over to it and saw the message from Shyam.

>Check it out<

And Arnav played the video. He watched in amazement as Khushi danced on his screen. His heart lightened and he kept watching the video repeatedly.

He would have to tease her about it... but not so quickly.

*~*

The next day was the haldi. Both Arnav and Khushi were having theirs on the same day. While Arnav's was going on happily, over at Khushi's the vibe was kinda... eh.

Khushi's parents had no expression nor mood. They just applied haldi on Khushi and then Shyam went, who was very happy. For fun, he put a blob on her nose and quickly took a picture with his phone. Khushi gaped at him while everyone else giggled.

Everyone started to dance and also went up to Khushi to put haldi on her. Everyone gave her their blessings and Khushi smiled the entire time.

But...

Over at Arnav's place... Arnav was in a pouty mood.

"I really don't get the point of this," Arnav muttered.

"Beta," Dai Ma began, "this is so that you look beautiful for your suhag raat."

"Beautiful?"

"Well, handsome in your case. But it's so that you shine during your suhag raat."

"Well in that case," he lifted his kurta, "put some here," he pointed at his chest, "and then my arms, my legs, and- oh!" He was about to pull at his pants when Dai Ma slapped his hands and all the women laughed.

*~*

The wedding would take place the next day, and Khushi was feeling very nervous. She had butterflies in her stomach and felt queasy. She took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down.

Tomorrow, I'll become a married woman, she said in her head. I can't believe this is happening. To think the gypsy's words would be true...

She looked out at the stars above. Taking in a deep breath, she felt her heart go:

Dhak-dhak! Dhak-dhak!

Her heart was at peace and she went to sleep.

*~*

It was the day of the wedding and both houses were crazy. There were nonstop people running all over and it was just hectic. The craze was making Khushi feel nervous, but Arnav was perfectly fine.

Nah! I'm just pulling your leg.

Arnav was anxious. All he could think of was when it was time for him to go to Khushi's cause he was desperate to see her. He hadn't seen her in 24 hours and he thought he would explode.

"Beta, go shower and get ready," Dai Ma said.

"We're going to Khushi's? Now? When?"

Dai Ma chuckled. "Not now! In a couple of hours," and she left.

Arnav sat on his bed and sighed. "Great," he said sarcastically.