Chapter Sixteen

All of the women came into Khushi's room and dressed her up.

One woman opened up a jewelry box and gaped. "Arre wa Khushi! These are beautiful!"

Khushi turned and saw her holding a scarlet box. The woman went over to Khushi and held the necklace around her neck.

"Doesn't our Khushi look beautiful," the woman asked.

The others agreed.

They quickly got Khushi ready and when Khushi looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't recognize herself.

One of the ladies smiled. "Kisi ki nazar na lage," and the other women removed the evil eye from her as well.

A group of girls came running in. "They're here," they exclaimed.

All of the women giggled and went out. Khushi wanted to go as well, not having seen Arnav in a long time, but she knew she couldn't.

As Arnav came in his eyes searched for Khushi. He was desperate to see her, and that he wouldn't deny. The car stopped and he came out. Dai Ma accompanied him to the door, as well as Aryan, and Garima welcomed him in. She had a smile but it was obvious she was faking it. But Arnav didn't care; he was here for his bride, for his Khushi.

Arnav and his family were allowed in and they were led to the mandap. Arnav sat there, his eyes wandering left and right every now and then.

Where is she, he wondered.

Someone cleared their throat and Arnav looked up and saw Shyam. He crouched down beside him and nudged him.

"What's up future-jeejaji? Can't wait anymore," Shyam teased.

Arnav gave him a warning look, but the ladies behind were chuckling by Shyam's statement. Even Dai Ma was, shaking her head.

"Don't worry," Shyam continued. "She'll be here."

"When?"

"In a rush are we?"

"Shut up."

Shyam chuckled. "Maybe an hour or so."

"An hour?! What the-"

"You know how girls are," Shyam shrugged.

"B-but Dai Ma," Arnav looked at her, "you said she'd be ready!"

"Well, I assumed-"

"You assumed wrong," Arnav said grouchily, cutting her off.

Everyone couldn't help but to snicker.

Meanwhile...

Khushi was in front of her mirror, panicking, though she wasn't showing it. She couldn't believe she was getting married. That too to the man she loves. The man that loves her.

The only person that has ever loved her.

Everyone else had gone when Arnav had arrived and she was in the room alone, until now.

"Are you ready Khushi?"

Khushi turned and gaped. It was the gypsy.

"How..." but Khushi could say no more.

The gypsy came in and looked Khushi up and down. "You look beautiful."

"Th-thank you."

Tears were forming in Khushi's eyes and the gypsy shook her head.

"No my child, don't cry. You should be smiling; happy that you will be marrying the one you love."

Khushi looked down. "To tell you the truth... I have some doubts."