16.

1 BREATH 2 BREATH 3 BREATH 4 BREATH 5 BREATH

The weights clanged against the mat and you pushed some stray hair off your sweaty face, shaking out your arms and legs, which felt like jelly. You bent forward, curving your back, hoping to relieve the tension that was building up.

SMACK

You jerked upright, rubbing your ass. "Ow Tom" you grumbled. He just grinned at you. His curls were plastered to his sweaty forehead, his shirt glued to his torso. You felt the familiar ache in your core just looking at him.

"You love it" he teased.

You rolled your eyes, going back to the bar, planting your feet before bending down to grip the cool metal. You lowered your hips, engaged your core and lifted, pushing through your heels, tucking your pelvis when you stood upright, forcing the breath out.

1 BREATH 2 BREATH 3 BREATH 4 BREATH 5 BREATH

Tom stood to the side, watching you. "You're getting good babe. What're you lifting now?"

"145" you replied breathlessly, stepping back and wiping your forehead. Tom nodded, smiling.

"Feel up to going a round with me?". His eyes glinted mischievously and you paused. Last time you went a round with him, he'd pinned you in less than a minute. "Promise I'll play nice" he said, hand on his heart.

"Okay Handsome, help wrap my hands". Tom fetched your wraps out of your bag, carefully wrapping your hands, making sure to protect your knuckles.

"We'll warm up first" he said, grabbing the pads and holding them up. "Right hook, left hook, uppercut and knee, okay?"

You nodded and moved into position. You engaged your core and let go a long breath. Tom's eyes glinted, his lips curled up into a smarmy smirk.

You hit the pads, following the combination he'd given you. You were holding back a little, and you saw Tom's smirk spread further. You grabbed the top of the pads, pulling them down as you brought your right knee up to them, burying your knee into the pad, grunting from the effort. Tom's eyes went wide and a small "oof" escaped his lips as he stumbled forward. You stepped back, smiling.

Tom regained his balance and glanced at you, looking both impressed and annoyed. You lifted your chin at him, challenging him; he smirked and held the pads back up. "Okay, new combo - left hook, right elbow, right shin twice".

You nodded, blowing hair out of your face, resuming your position. You punched the pad, turning to slam your elbow into the other, turning again to kick the pads with your shin. Tom pushed against your leg and, unbalanced, you toppled backwards. Tom threw himself on top of you, his weight pinning you to the mats.

"EW! GET OFF, YOU'RE SWEATY!!" you shrieked, wriggling and bucking. Tom laughed, rubbing his sweaty forehead against your cheek, causing you to shriek some more. He moved to get off you and you saw your opportunity - you swiftly lifted your hips, wrapping your thighs around his head, locking your knees behind his neck, and rolling him over onto his back, sitting on his chest.

"Ooh" Tom grunted, face squashed between your thighs, hands still in the pads, unable to pull you off of him. You squeezed his head with your thighs and he scowled up at you.

"Say Uncle!" you grinned down at him.

"NEVER!" he growled, squirming underneath you. He swung his legs up, trying to wrap them around you and pull you backwards. All he managed to do was knee you in the head, knocking you off balance. You grunted, rubbing where he had connected with your skull. Tom took his chance and rolled you onto your back. You managed to keep your knees locked and pulled him down so he was kneeling awkwardly over you, unable to escape your hold.