28.

You and Tom froze, turning to see a mortified Sam standing in the hallway.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Tom yelled, grabbing a cushion to cover his ass.

"WHY ARE YOU TWO HAVING SEX ON THE COUCH?!" Sam yelled, unable to tear his eyes away from the sight of the two of you still intwined on the couch.

"WHY ARE YOU BURSTING IN UNANNOUNCED AND UNINVITED?!" Tom retorted angrily. You grabbed a nearby blanket and tried to keep your grin off your face. Sam's expression was reminding you of when Harrison burst in on you and Tom in Tom's trailer. You two were going to have to stop making this a thing.

"I knocked! Repeatedly!! And I rang you, I didn't think you two would be..."

Tom's mouth was set in a hard line and he looked like he wanted to do nothing more than punch Sam in the face. "Tom, it's okay" you soothed, reaching out to stroke his face. You were relieved you were mostly clothed. Sam wouldn't have seen too much. You hoped.

Tom readjusted the blanket over you as he slipped out of you, hiking up his sweats quickly and standing to stare at Sam. "Well?! What is so important that it couldn't have waited until tomorrow?"

"Have you looked at social media in the last hour?" Sam asked. His face was pained.

"I've been a little preoccupied" Tom replied drily.

"Well, I think you should check it out, now"

You didn't like the sound of that and, keeping the blanket over you, you grabbed your phone and saw the lockscreen filled with Instagram and Twitter notifications. You had a sinking feeling in your gut as you unlocked your phone and opened Instagram. Dot had tagged you in a post by TMZ_TV. It was a photo of you in LA, your face white as a sheet, eyes wild. In the background of the photo you could see Tom trying to push through the crowd towards you. Must have been one of the photos the paparazzi took before you fainted that day. Trust them to use that kind of photo instead of a nice one.

The caption read: "An anonymous source has contacted TMZ to confirm that secretive couple Tom Holland and Y/N Y/L/N are engaged! The rumour mill is churning with theories that her fainting in LA was triggered from debilitating morning sickness, as she's pregnant with their first child. No word from the star and his fiancée, with Holland's fans mobilising to defend their privacy."

There were other gossip sites that all told similar stories. Unable to read anymore you tossed the phone away and put your head in your hands. Mother had barely waited five minutes before opening her big mouth. And the pregnancy crap? Debilitating morning sickness? What the fuck was that?!

"Fuck" Tom cursed looking at his own phone.

"Yeah. I thought you should know before it got too out of hand" Sam muttered.

"Thanks. Sorry about..."

"It's okay...sorry I...interrupted"

You lifted your head to look at Tom. He kept running a hand through his hair and he looked angry, which was rare. Sam looked nervous and you could hardly blame him. He had the unfortunate luck of not only breaking the news to you both, but also finding you two in an uncompromising position.

"She must've called them right after you told her to fuck off" you said, voice low.

Tom nodded morosely.

"Who did you tell to fuck off?" Sam asked.

"Y/N's Mum, Toni. And I didn't tell her to fuck off, I told her to leave Y/N alone"

"Fuck off was the message, you were just nice about it"

"Oh. Why would you do that?"

"Because Toni and Louise are awful people and I'm tired of them making Y/N upset"