27.

"I didn't realise there was so much more to a courthouse wedding than just rocking up" you sighed, running a hand through your hair.

You'd just gotten off the phone with the courthouse and whilst they said you could come and get it done on any day without a reservation (though it would be quicker and, importantly, more private if you did), you were also required to already have your marriage license and two witnesses.

"We need witnesses, one for each of us" you told Tom as he snacked on the couch. He turned to look at you, concerned.

"Who can we ask that isn't going to tell?"

"Well Spoiler-Man, I think that's a little rich of you to assume that whoever we choose will sell us out" you teased. Tom stuck his tongue out at you, and you giggled. "I was thinking of asking Dot, she'd never tell. Who you ask is up to you"

"Well I can't ask the twins. They'd know if the other was hiding a secret, weird twin telepathy thing. Plus they'd tell Mum and Dad, by accident. And Paddy's too young. It'll have to be Harrison"

"Gee, sound more excited about your best friend witnessing our elopement Tom" you scolded.

"It's not that. I wanted it to be just us" he pouted at you over the back of the couch. You reached over and brushed a curl from his face.

"Yeah, I know Handsome. I feel the same. But at least if it's Dot and Harrison they'd be who we'd have when we get "properly" married anyway"

"What about Greece?" he asked, shifting so that he was resting his arms over the back of the couch.

"What about Greece?" You asked dumbly, distracted by his biceps bulging against the couch.

"What about eloping to Greece?" Tom reiterated slowly, waiting for you to catch up.

"What happened to the courthouse?"

"There's less paparazzi in Greece"

"I think the Royal Family may disagree with you, my love. And I don't know what legal requirements there are to get married in Greece...don't we have to be Greek Orthodox or something?"

"I was thinking a beach in Santorini at sunset, not a grand cathedral Y/N"

"Okay, okay. Sorry Casanova. I'll look into it".

Your Google search into eloping to Greece was interrupted by your phone ringing. It was your Mother. "Uh-oh" you muttered.

"What? Greece a no go?"

"No. My Mother is calling me" you replied heavily.

You hadn't spoken since you fled the café on Sunday and you didn't really feel like breaking radio silence. You switched it to silent and let it ring out, your stomach uncoiling when the phone stopped vibrating on the dining table.

"I wonder what she -" you began, but your phone started buzzing again before you could complete the sentence. You were tempted to answer it, just to stop the irritating buzz. You went to hit answer when the phone was snatched from under your hand.

"Hey!"

"Y/N's phone, Tom speaking". Tom stood, swiftly moving out of your reach as you tried to snatch back your phone.

"Tom, give me the phone" you hissed, after a failed attempt at grabbing his arm left you ass over heels on the couch. Tom snorted at you and ran to the other side of the kitchen.

Your Mother's voice sounded shrill and garbled through the line and you wondered what she was telling him. Tom was walking in circles and nodding slowly, making small noises of understanding as he did. What the hell was going on?