One

Hoseok's POV

"So what's this all about?" I cheekily grinned at her, now crossing my arms.

The shy, beautiful girl in front of me blushed, "Ha..Happy Anniversary?"

I burst into laughter, pulling her for a hug and placing kisses all over her face, "Woah, is it?"

She playfully pinched my cheeks and pouted, "How could you forget, young man! After I did this surprise for you, you just-" 

I cut her off by placing a kiss on her lips that I have come to love so much. "Do you forgive me now?" I chuckled softly, nuzzling my nose with hers.

"I guess I'll let you off this time, Hobi." She gave me another peck on my cheek before hopping of my lap and holding the cake, "So, are we going to celebrate or nah?"

It was our first anniversary as a couple.

There couldn't be something happier and better than this.

~

"Wake up now, it's time for work." Someone pinched my cheek awake. A sensation that I now expected every morning from her.

"Five more minutes." I groaned, digging my face into the soft pillow.

"Rise and shine!" She yelled at my ear that made me jolt awake and glare at her but she made my heart melt by her beautiful smile.

Raising my hands in surrender, I stood from the bed and got ready for the day.

Once we've both finished eating breakfast, as always, I'm the last one to step out of our apartment to lock the door and she would head to the car to start heating the engine up.

But neither of us knew that it would be the last day seeing the woman I love alive.

"Haejeul!" I screamed at the top of my lungs once I turned around to see a motorcycle hit her squarely on her petite figure.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! I didn't mean to. I..I'm sorry!" The drunk rider removed his helmet now realizing what he has done so he immediately called 911 in panic.

I knelt down on the ground, placing her gently in my arms as tears flowed down continuously on my cheeks. It hurt me to see her this way and it made me scared that she was going to leave me so soon.

It was too early for this.

Her brown eyes held one last glow in them while she looked at me lovingly before they turned empty and cold.

She was gone in a blink of an eye.