Five

Hoseok's POV

"Then I'll see you later, Hoseok. You may contact me again if you wish to go around Tokyo." She informed me and finally smiled before heading out of the hotel.

I turned on my heel and went inside the elevator to the floor that my booked room was in. Today was even a this-is-my-vacation day but I was already exhausted from the flight earlier.

The moments at the car came flashing back to me as I remembered her reaction.

Her eyes continued to show guilt as she waited for me to say something. "There's someone that I want to forget." I let out a breathe, "Although..I think it would be hopeless for me because I'm deeply stuck with her."

"U..Umm, I'm so sorry to hear that." She faced forward with cheeks burning in embarrassment.

I awkwardly coughed, getting her attention again. "I didn't mean to make you feel responsible for bringing back old memories, okay? It's fine. I'll move on soon."

Megumi's face softened at that, "I hope this trip will be memorable for you."

"I know it will."

And the ride was filled with comfortable silence.

My two bags were sprawled on the floor while I was on my bed, staring at the ceiling absentmindedly.

Was I really doing this because I wanted to forget or remember more of Haejeul?

It was hell being alone because her voice keeps ringing in my head.

Closing my eyes, I instantly see Haejeul. She was always there whenever I do it.

The clock struck two in the afternoon. It was lunch and I wasn't hungry yet.

Chicken teriyaki? Miso soup? Sushi?

I sighed, defeated. "What did I even get myself into?"

Then I felt a cold sensation on my chest.

The necklace that held the picture of us together on our first date.

Do I really want to forget her that much?