Twelve

Hoseok's POV

What the hell am I doing?

I was such an idiot.

My breath becomes ragged from running back and forth to the places that she could be in. My heart thumped inside my rib cage, in desperation to see her and apologize for my actions.

I was selfish for only thinking of my own feelings.

My own feet moved forward again to another spot without even realizing it. I was searching for Nanami.

Efforts seem to have paid off, I saw her by the overpass, looking down on the highway. 

I'm sorry. 

I started to practice what I was going to say but my mind keeps going blank the next second. My tongue was tied the moment I'm going to see her later on.

"Excuse me, have you seen this girl?" I already asked a couple of residents around the area but they were too shy to answer or does not really know to speak simple English. I was in a lost state.

So, seriously, did I really even come to Japan to relax or to have another set of problems that I have to deal with? The stress just keeps coming at me to eat me internally, for god's sake!

I was soon walking around in circles in Hokkaido. It was a bit of a small area but Nanami could be anywhere or she could just hide from me and never talk to me again. Sighing out loud, I sat on a bench at the park, catching my breath from searching for her all day. I stared at my feet on the ground and wondered what would happen if-

"Oh shit." 

"Nanami?" My head immediately shoots up to the voice that I heard. She was right in front of me when she started sprinting away from me. "Wait!"

I dashed after her, going through swarms of people now arriving at the public market. They threw warning looks at me which I ignored because I was focused on catching the girl that was running away from me.

"Nanami!" I called out to her but she wouldn't stop.

Her legs slowly gave away that I noticed she was finally slowing down. She thought I didn't notice her hiding by a wall and I stopped there. "Why.." 

Huff

"Won't." 

Huff

"You. Stop. Running?"

Silence.

"I want to apologize." 

Her eyes were glistening with tears that hit me with a pang of guilt.

"I'm sorry for pushing you away when you only wanted to help."

"It's fine..." She muttered. "I have no right to anyway."

I cut her off, "Of course you do!" She shut up, surprised from my outburst. "Y..You're my friend now...technically."

"Technically?"

"I..I mean, you are my friend." I corrected, "I told you my life story because I felt comfortable and happy with you."

Her cheeks turned crimson red, "Ohh.."

"I hope we're okay again. I'm really sorry."

"Forgiven." Nanami flicked my forehead. "But you have to treat me dinner tonight."

Grinning, I agreed without doubts, "Of course, it's all on me."

"What a good friend  you are." Nanami rolled her eyes at which I found myself laughing even harder.

"Of course I am. You won't find anyone else like me. I'm everyone's sunshine!"