Twenty Five

Hoseok's POV

"Haejeul, you know that I love you right?"

"What kind of question is that, Hobi? Are you doubting me or something?" Even if she frowned like that, she still looked like a queen to me.

"Just wondering. We'll never know what might happen if anything just occurs and then bam!" I made an exploding sound with my mouth that made her laugh out loud.

"Hobi, stop being so negative. Nothing will happen to any of us." Her eyes seemed to disappear when she smiles, a feature like my friend Jimin has. It looked so precious that I want to keep her in my pocket forever so that no one would see how beautiful she is.

I bobbed my head in defeat, "Sorry. I can't help it. I want to be your knight in shining armor so badly."

"Being a damsel in distress is boring," Haejeul complained, placing her legs on top of my lap and grinned. "Then I'll be your guardian angel so that the both of us can protect each other! How's that, hmm?"

I hugged her tight and kissed her cheeks, "You're my hope, you're my angel, Haejeul. You always will be."

The floor creaked in pressure of the footsteps made by the person behind me. Though, I didn't care who it might be.

"Hobi, please eat." It was Namjoon who spoke but I didn't say a single word.

I was solely focused on the coffin with a girl dress in white inside. She was beautiful on the outside, yet dead inside.

If only I could shed more tears, but I was too exhausted to do so. I was numb. My mind was all over the place. I felt so hollow, worse than I have experienced before.

It went all too fast. I didn't expect it to happen again. Out of millions of people, why did it always have to be me who suffers this painful loss?

Why does it have to be her?