Extra Chapter: Haejeul

Haejeul's POV

"What am I even doing with you here?" I sighed, trying to catch my breath when I was already in front of the famous Jung Hoseok's locker.

He was my college crush since freshmen year and even till now he still makes my heart flutter like crazy. Hoseok...he's funny, energetic, and full of life. He was contagious like a virus. I haven't known him personally besides exchanging smiles in the hallways when our eyes meet.

It has always been that way yet I felt so happy just with the simple gesture.

"Go, put your love letter already." My blockmate in college, Namjoon, and also one of Hoseok's best friends told me with an 'i'm-so-done-with-you' look.

"B..But-" I squirmed, looking around to see if Hoseok would be there any second.

"For god's sake, Haejeul! Do it already. He'll read it later on." He sighed, trying to control himself before Namjoon would smash the nearest thing to him.

I gave up, inserting the small pink envelope inside his locker. "Damn it, Namjoon. I wanted to give it to him personally!"

He waved his hands in the air frantically, imitating my actions earlier, "Oh god, oh god, it's Valentine's Day and I'm going to give my letter of love to Hoseok! What if he doesn't like me or what if he likes me too? AGH, I'M GOING CRAZY!"

I blushed in embarrassment at his acting that was pretty accurate. "Sorry."

"Now you understand why I'm so annoyed at you right now."

"Why are you annoyed with this girl? Did something happen, hyung?" A masculine voice asked from behind me, making the hairs behind my neck stand abruptly in panic.

Namjoon's face said it all. I knew who it was.

It was the one and only Jung Hoseok.

"Ah, what good timing." Namjoon smirked, passing by me and looping his arm around Hoseok's shoulder to tease me. "You see, it's Valentine's Day and this girl keeps pestering me to bring her to see you."

"Huh? Why?" Hoseok asked curiously.

"Well," Namjoon's finger pointed towards me. "This girl, Haejeul, wants to confess to you, isn't that right?"

My heart was racing so fast. My mind was blank of all words to say. My long term crush was right in front of me!

"A love confession?" Hoseok then asked me.

I just nodded my head without saying a word. I couldn't find my voice for some reason.

"Oh wow, that's so brave of you. All of the girls who wanted to confess threw themselves on me." His laugh dominated my ears. "You're the first one to stay so quiet like that."

My chest burst with hope before finally having the strength to speak, "I..I have liked you for a very long time. Actually, since freshmen year but I only had the guts to tell you now. I'm not expecting a relationship or anything. I just want to tell you how I feel. That's all." I rambled on and let the feelings go out of my chest in one breath.

Namjoon and Hoseok were looking at me with wide eyes for a few seconds, maybe processing my words. Everything stood still at that wide hallway and the students continued on with their things. While there was me, waiting for the rejection to come.

"I'm sorry."

I knew it.

"Oh, it's okay. No worries. Please don't apologize." I stared down on the floor while putting on a brave smile on my face to show that I was not affected.

"That's not what I'm sorry for." Hoseok interjected.

"I'm sorry because I only had the guts to tell you that I have also liked you for quite some time."

Was I hearing it right?

"Well, it turns out we have mutual feelings."

Really?

"I'm willing to get to know you more."

My eyes filled with happy tears. Meanwhile Namjoon in the background was already mentally vomitting at the scene before him. "Guys, what the fuck, just be together already."

"So what do you say Haejeul?" Hoseok smiled.

"I'd love to." I happy grinned back.