Ten

Hoseok's POV

Suddenly, she said something that shook my whole perception of beauty. "People choose to look at only one tree."

I waited for her to speak.

"...that they don't know that there's also a huge forest waiting to be looked at too."

Her words struck me, down to the very abyss of my soul. It was a simple statement yet it made so much impact. "What do you mean?"

"Oh..." She brought down her notepad to her lap and stared at me, "I..was just saying random things. Don't mind me."

Nanami was about to walk away and I held her back, "Can you please say that again?" The tone of my voice might have told her I was begging.

I was in pain.

And it was back again.

"Hoseok? What's wrong?"

I loosened my hand around her wrist that I didn't realize I was gripping it too tight. "I'm sorry.." Shaking my head in disappointment, I told her, "Something just came unto me that I.."

Her hand laid on my shoulder, "Jung Hoseok, it's okay."

Without thinking, I explained everything to her from the very beginning even if she was basically a stranger I met at the coffee shop. Nanami was a no one yet I strangely felt comfortable with her.

She was just a university girl that was still contemplating on her young life while I was already a responsible adult that doesn't know how to move on with a love that has long died.

I should be ashamed of myself.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Breathe slowly.

When I was done talking, her face says it all.

Pity.

"It's fine. Don't say anything. I'm just going to get some air." I already cut her off before she was about to say anything else that was just going to make me feel even worse.