Twenty Three

A new POV is up for this chapter. Guess who 😏

~

Hoseok's POV

"That's weird."

Megumi gave me a look of confusion and surprise.

"You guys aren't together yet? After the fancy picnic and all that shit?" Her brow was already raised and wrinkles forming in between them.

"Basically, yes." I palmed my face multiple times already and she still couldn't believe what was happening with me and Nanami.

I wouldn't blame her if she was shocked though.

"Now I don't know what I should say to her today." She took a sip of her coffee and sliced through her blueberry cheesecake.

Yes, they were meeting for the first time today.

My last day in Japan.

Before I could reply to that, Nanami entered the cafe where we first met. Her hair was a mess, obvious that she was on a rush to get here on time. Once her eyes landed on me, she gave me a smile and a polite bow to Megumi as well.

"Hello." The two women exchanged greetings with each other before Nanami seated beside me.

There was an awkward silence before Megumi told an ice breaker, "Best Third Wheeler Award goes to..." Her finger was pointed at herself, which we both laughed at.

I urged the two to get to know each other while I order more food for us.

Geez, girls talk are cringey.

~

Megumi's POV

When Hoseok left the table to order at the counter, it was my chance to question his special woman.

"I've heard a lot about you from Hoseok."

"Yeah, he's told me about you too. So you're his tour guide, am I right?" Nanami questioned, leaning in closer as she is interested to converse.

"Bingo."

My chest hurt, being called just as his 'tour guide.' It wasn't her fault that I was this way.

It's because of my feelings for Hoseok that I was jealous of the both of them.

Ever since then, I've always noticed Hoseok go in and out of a coffee shop back in Korea right after his girlfriend died of the accident. It made me sad to witness him everyday live through caffeine with the dark bags under his red puffy eyes.

I've always wanted to talk to him which earned me the chance to be his tour guide when I was assigned in Japan by mere coincidence. I was overjoyed for the world has brought us closer than I could have imagined.

"How are you feeling?"

She inmediately got what I was trying to tell her, forming a sad smile on her lips, "To be honest, I will be lonely when he leaves tomorrow. But you know? Hoseok and I are not together. We're not in an official relationship. I don't have the right to hold him back here."

Somehow, I could relate with what she feels. It made me feel sick if I was going to be happy that Hoseok would finally leave her.

I didn't want to be the antagonist of this love story because it's not mine to tell.

Not even thinking, I reached out my hand to hers and squeezed it gently, "Believe me, I know Hoseok has the butterflies for you. Maybe one day, fate will bring you back together."

She chuckled at my cheesiness, "Wow, that's just...I don't know what to say." Her hand held mine back. "Thank you, Megumi. That cheers me up knowing that you helped Hoseok be happy again."

"Aish, what are you talking about? It was mostly you who did the job." I waved her compliment off.

At exact timing, Hoseok finally arrives at the table with a tray of food in his hands. "Are you guys BFFs now?"

Nanami and I looked at each other, holding our laughs in the back of our throats.

"I think we're soul sisters," smiles plastered in both our faces.