Twenty Six

the end is coming. I can feel it.

note: i write chapters on the spot. I don't have a prepared outline for my fanfics. the ideas and flow of the story just pop into my head when I feel like writing lmao.

ok carry on reading.

~

Hoseok's POV

What is the essence of living when you live only to suffer the consequences of nothing wrong.

I was not a bad person.

I'm not a criminal.

Then why?

I was slowly losing myself, that's for sure.

When the wind blew, I closed my eyes to feel the breeze make contact with my skin gently. It was comforting, just like an embrace.

"Hyung, there are a few minutes left before the business meeting starts. Let's go?" Taehyung's deep voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, let's go." I clasped his shoulder and we both went down from the rooftop of the said building.

The day went by doing paperwork and having more business meetings. It was tiring yet it was enough to distract me from my mind. It was as if my enemy who attacks me when I'm alone. My mind makes me go crazy. Good thing that my brothers were there to keep me company and temporarily forget my problems.

"Guys?"

Six heads turned to my direction quickly, like I was in need of help. "Yeah?"

It was already ten in the evening. The employees have already left besides us who were wrapping up the place and arranging all the papers distributed messily on our tables.

"I think I'm alright now."

They looked at each other like I've gone crazy when Jungkook asked, "What do you mean, hyung?"

"I don't feel burdened anymore. There's no heavy feeling in my chest when I think of the past. I've successfully moved on. From everything." I announced proudly, feeling the tears pool in my eyes.

"Hoseok," Jin approached me and gave me a hug, "We're so proud of you. We wished that this day would finally come—that the sunshine Hobi would be here with us again."

More arms encircled me, making me more emotional than I already am. These men surrounding me were the real angels of my life. They were there to support me throughout this bumpy journey a few years back. They knew I was having a hard time coping up with everything and all of them didn't give up on me.

"Can we please stop being drama kings and just celebrate this new Hoseok coming back to us?" Namjoon wiped a tear threatening to run down his cheeks.

"It's your fault, Namjoon-hyung! You're cutting onions again!" Jimin blamed the older.

He groaned in defeat, "Why is it always my fault?"

"Anyway, we should have some samgyup. My treat!" announced the eldest among us, Jin.

"Oh wait." paused Taehyung, "Are you going to invite her? I think your girlfriend deserves to know the good news though."

I nodded in response, "Yeah, I'll ask her to go." With that, I contacted her quickly, pressing the speed dial on my phone and put it on my ear. After a few rings, the call finally picked up and I greeted.

"Jagi, are you done yet? The boys and I will come pick you up at your office, if you're done."

Her voice on the other line came out hoarse and exhausted, "Almost done, Hobi. What's the rush? Why are you guys coming over?"

"It's a secret. You'll know later." I teased on the phone as I heard her chuckle softly.

"Alright then, Mr. Secret. I'll be down in 5 minutes. See you soon, Hoseok."

"See you, Megumi."