Seventeen

Hoseok's POV

I was going to be fine, soon enough.

"Do you practice watercolor a lot, Hoseok?" The air outside greeted us once we left the art shop with a single paper bag in my hand.

Just some brushes and a watercolor palette.

I smiled sadly, "My girlfriend used to teach me how to paint."

"That's nice of her to do so." Nanami acknowledged, this time not a hint of pity in her tone was obvious.

I brought out my phone to show her a picture of my artwork that I deliberately tried not to work so hard on. It was just a feather. "Meh, this was what I did before. It sucks though."

Seeing the image on the screen, a laugh escaped out of her lips, "You call this ugly? I'm embarrassed!"

I slouched my shoulders humbly and my cheeks blushed ever so lightly, "It was my first time. Stop flattering me with lies, Nanami."

She rolled her eyes at me and gave me back my phone, "Whatever. It's beautiful. Why did you paint a feather anyway?"

I brought the phone back inside my pocket, feeling the image's weight upon me. I realized it was of value to me all along despite of it being an amateur output.

"I thought of myself as a feather. Strong with a purpose, yet light at heart. Able to bend and even if worn out, it still can pull itself together once more."

Haejeul was once a feather of my wings that already withered away, though I worry no more.

My wings can still fly.