Twenty Four

Hoseok's POV

With the food laid out nicely on the table and a silent prayer, we started eating as well as talking about ourselves. Most of the time it was the girls talking and I was just listening to them the whole time. It seems they already clicked so well together. I'm glad the three of us hung out in my last day.

In the middle of the conversation, Nanami fidgets in her seat as she pulled out her phone from her pocket. "I'll just receive this call, one second. Excuse me." She held up her hand, stood up, and went out of the cafe.

"She's nice." Megumi commented, her eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Duh, of course she is. You won't be soul sisters if you didn't like her in the first place." I rolled my eyes at her remark, placing my cup of coffee beside my empty plate. It was already eight in the evening, noticing that the windows have started to fog due to the cold temperature of the air conditioning of the place.

She sighed, placing down her hands to her side, "Why don't you just make it official? It's so obvious from the way you look at each other!"

I was quiet at that.

"Hoseok, you finally found someone who can make you happy. Why are you letting that happiness go now?" Her question held so many questions after that.

It's not been so long since Haejeul died. That won't be respectful to her.

Isn't that rebounding?

"That mind of yours is overthinking again." Megumi shook her head in disappointment. Suddenly, she moved besides me and flicked her finger hard on my forehead.

"Ow! Why'd you do that?!" I exclaimed quietly, if ever that made sense.

"To knock some sense into you."

"Megumi..." I sighed, for God knows how many times already. "It's just...it's hard to explain our situation. We both understand that this is temporary. This only formed because I had no one to fill this void inside me and she was there."

"You mean you used her?"

"No! That's not what I meant! I really am happy when I'm with her!"

"Then what?" 

Her arms crossed, waiting for an answer when a blur of headlights stunned my eyes for a second before darting my sight to Nanami who was talking to someone on her phone. Megumi turned to look as well and before we knew it, our feet dashed towards her.

In my mind, all I could think of was to get there as fast as I can.

I can't let the same thing happen again.

The last scene I saw was her being pushed safely on the sidewalk.

But blood was spilled.