Twenty

Hoseok's POV

"Sorry, but it's not a candle light dinner of some sort." I led her carefully on the rocks one by one, stepping on them.

"So why are we dressed formally if we're going here anyway?" Her voice was full of amusement, though I'm surprised she didn't get mad because of the last minute preparations.

"I just thought it would get your hopes up." I chuckled, still holding her hand in mine now landing on solid ground to the picnic I set up at the end of a cliff within the forest vicinities.

I bought this property with my own money a few years back before I met Haejeul. It was previously planned that I would have our home built here but now...

..the plans seemed to have changed.

"Here we are."

Fireflies have started to appear little by little at that moment. It was a sight that was already pretty common but it would still take your breath away every time. The moonlight shone across the place, giving the picnic spot just the right amount of light.

"Are you going to murder me here?" Nanami joked, sitting comfortably on the blanket I laid out on the grass while admiring the 360° view

"Kill you with my good looks?" Was my reply that earned an eye roll from the dolled up woman.

"C'mon. Maybe you just need to fill that stomach of yours." Nanami invited me to sit down with her, now showing her only take out food. She gave me a look of disappointment.

I chuckled nervously, "Ha..Ha..Sorry."

She shook her head, smiling, "Whatever. Food is food."

"Here you go." I gave her a paper plate with fried chicken and a cup of juice.

She thanked me shortly and we both dug in on our meals. "I guess, this isn't so bad after all." Nanami commented on the dinner.

I just nodded my head in agreement, finishing my food quickly so that I could proceed to the next part of the plan.

"Hoseok, slow down. I'm not in an eating contest, am I?" Nanami rubbed my back gently, observing that I was literally shoving the food down my throat.

I raised my hand up, gesturing to wait for me on this spot for a second. The confusion on her face was already evident whilst she just continued eating.

I went back to the car to get the little box inside the passenger compartment. It was only somethig small yet so valuable.

It was a special gift.

Before I returned to the spot, I observed her eat from a distance. Nanami was adorable, no doubt. Her eyes sparkled with utmost appreciation with the fireflies surrounding the spot and the moon shining on her.

She looked like an angel.

"Nanami."

"Woah, you scared the hell out of-"

"I'm leaving Japan in a few days."

She held on to her cup of juice, "Your vacation is done? Are you healed enough to go?"

And that's what made me attracted to her. She prioritizes the others before herself.

"I guess I am sort of alright now." I sat down beside her and smiled, "It was all thanks to you."

"Me? I only listened to you rant anyway," joked Nanami but when she saw that I didn't laugh at all, she stopped. "Umm.. sorry. That wasn't funny."

"I wanted to thank you, with this." My fingers moved around her neck, making coincidental touches with her skin. It felt weird, making contact with her skin this way.

"Ohmy, Hoseok, you didn't have to!" She exclaimed, seeing the expensive necklace on her neck.

"Please. Take it. You are worth it, so you should have it." I insisted, gently holding her hand which took her off guard.

"Thank you for making this trip memorable for me."