Sixteen

Hoseok's POV

"Hobi?"

"Yes, jagi?" I immediately went up to her as she dried the plates on the rack, now placing my arms around her waist.

"Do you think..." She started, letting out a breath before continuing. "I should pursue the career I wanted most?"

"Hm?" I nuzzled my nose to her ear, making her giggle. "A painter?"

Haejeul nodded her head with sparkles dancing in her brown eyes. It was her passion, to paint masterpieces that fascinated me since the day I knew her.

"I think, I've saved enough to go to art school and I've also been granted permission from my parents to let me go there." Her voice was coated with much excitement that I was amused of the thought of it.

I tightened my hold around her, "I support  whatever you want to do. I'll always be here for you, jagi."

She smiled sweetly at me, now turning around to place a kiss on my lips. "I love you so much, Hobi. Thank you."

Anything for her.

The paint brushes displayed at an art supply shop caught my attention earlier. Everything always reminded me of her.

I was scared to go in, fearing I might break down when I smell the familiar scent of the art supplies she used to create her random artworks during her free time.

But I was slowly healing.

"Hoseok, it's nice to see you again." my eyes met the ones from the person who spoke beside me in front of the shop. "Why are you standing outside? Aren't you going in?"

My heart would never be whole and will always be missing a part, but another space is going to be available.

"Ah, I was just checking the display. It looks so...colorful."

Nanami laughed at my awkward response, now grabbing my arm and pulling me inside the art shop. "C'mon, just go in and check some things. Don't be shy."

Once my foot stepped inside the place, I stopped.

And I knew I was going to be happy soon.