7.1.2

Anakin couldn't see anything around him, but it wasn't just because it was dark. Even when he tried to use the Force to see, all he saw was himself. He was alone.

Always alone.

He heard chains rattle behind him and almost didn't turn around. He almost ran away, because he knew in his heart what was coming. He knew what he would see. He knew what happen because it always happened. He was scared, not for himself but for the person he knew was behind him, in the chains. The person he only ever saw here.

Ahsoka.

He turned, and tried to run to her, tried to reach her, to hold her, and keep her safe from the inevitable. He ran into the bars instead, which had materialized out of nowhere. Anakin leaned as far forward through the bars as he could, and tried to break them, but he couldn't. He couldn't help her.

Ahsoka was chained by the arms to poles on either side of her. She had sunken to her knees in defeat and was accompanied by two Temple guards, each armed with their yellow lightsabers. Her head was bowed, and her eyes were closed. A figure walked up behind her, masked and armed with a blood-stained ax.

"Ahsoka!" Anakin called out. "Ahsoka, it's me! Please, just..."

Ahsoka looked up, and for a second, Anakin saw her face, innocent and scared, and begging him to help. Then her face hardened and her stare became cold.

"'Please' what, Master?" She mused, her voice filled with hate. "It's not my fault I'm here. What do you want me to do?"

"Ahsoka, no." He begged, desperate. "Listen, I'll get you out of her-"

He flew backward. He didn't try to catch himself, but let his body hit the ice-cold floor in pain.

"You could have helped me! You could have forced the Council to trust me, but you didn't! You let them take me!"

"I couldn't! I couldn't do anything, I couldn't!"

"You could have if you tried!!!"

The tears started falling. He looked up at her, hoping there would be mercy in her face, but her eyes were as hurtful as her voice.

"I gave you everything I had! I defended you, I fought with you, I stood by you when no one else would have! I gave my life for you! How could you?"

"No, please, no." He crawled to the bars again and started to break them. He could reach her this time, he knew he could.

"You were my master, I trusted you!"

The bars finally began to break, but the executioner lifted the ax above the Padawan's head.

"NO!!!" Anakin pushed one last time, but it already too late. The ax came down.

"YOU FAILED ME!!!"

And that was it. Gone. Forever.

Anakin caught Ashoka in his arms as her broken body fell. Blood spilled from her head, but Anakin could only close his eyes as the tears streamed down his face, falling on his apprentice.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry," Anakin whispered, the tears falling just like in his nightmare.

He didn't move for a long time, refusing to open his eyes. Refusing to let go of the girl he had held onto so tightly in his sleep because a world where she hated him was better than a world without her.