4.1.3

Ahsoka and Caleb entered the Fosin system when the sun was rising on the Vahak district. Vahak was one of the two districts of Fosin, the other being Cuudek. Since the Fosin system was a single-planet system and both districts were located on said planet, many conflicts arose between the two districts, although they were usually managed by the district governments independently. However, every five standard years, the judicial, legislative, and executive representatives of the districts met to renegotiate specific policies and regulations and they always requested the presence of a Jedi. Most of the time, the Council opted to send Padawans, since negotiations typically went smoothly, more or less. It was also good exposure to politics for the Padawans. This is the mission that Ahsoka and Caleb had been sent on.

On the journey to Fosin Ahsoka had taught Caleb various controls of the ship, such as the steering controls, the engine thrusters, and some of the basic hyperspace sequences. Ahsoka wasn't really sure how much of it Caleb remembered, but he had been very enthusiastic and quite attentive as she spoke. She even gave him a little quiz before they exited hyperspace, and he got nearly everything right. As long as he remembered the difference between the thrusters and the hyperspace levers, Ahsoka thought he would do fine. With a supervisor, of course. 

Ahsoka had let Caleb drop them out of hyperspace, but she flew them down to the planet herself. Caleb didn't mind, because he knew there was still a lot he didn't know about flying.

"So what exactly am I going to be doing? Master Depa said you were going to help them negotiate, but what do I do?"

Ahsoka primed the communication console. "Not much, honestly. I won't even be doing much unless the negotiations get heated. Basically, you will be next to me while we watch the representatives talk. If anything goes wrong I'll step in, and you might too, but it won't be very exciting."

Caleb looked ahead, out to the planet they were approaching. "Well, we don't want things to go wrong, I guess."

Ahsoka laughed. "Don't worry Caleb. Remember, you're going to Ryloth after this. That will definitely be more exciting."

Caleb smiled as Ahsoka opened a line to the Vahak capital building. "This is Commander Tano with Commander Dume, on DK-849, requesting permission to land at the Vahak Centre of Government."

There was a pause, then "Vahak Gov. Building to DK-849, please wait for clearance."

"Hey, Ahsoka," Caleb turned his seat to face the Togruta. "Why are the negotiations in this district and not the other one?"

"I've been told that they switch off every five years, to make it fair. This year just happens to be in the Vahak district."

"The what-now district?"

Ahsoka laughed again. As talkative as he was, Caleb was fun to be around.

"This is the Vahak Gov. Building to DK-849, your request has been cleared. Please proceed promptly to Landing Deck 2."

"Copy that," Ahsoka responded and increased the power on the thrusters. As she flew into the atmosphere of Fosin, Caleb looked out the window at his new surroundings.

"It looks so much different than Coruscant," he remarked. 

"I wonder what you will think of Ryloth."

"What's that place like?"

"You'll have to wait and see..." Ahsoka taunted the young human.

"Oh, come on! Tell me!"

Ahsoka laughed. "Patience, young Padawan."

She landed the ship on Landing Deck 2, where guards in bronze armor awaited their arrival. She showed Caleb how to properly land a ship, and talked through the controls as the ship slowly sank onto the platform.