7.2.1

Anakin sat on the bench outside the Council room, not necessarily nervous but anxious to get the meeting over with.

He had purposefully tried to avoid Council members at all costs, except for Obi-Wan, and only spoke to them when summoned or when he couldn't get away. This was the first time in nine months that he had gone to them instead of them calling for him, but this was too important. They had to know about this Inquisitor. 

The chime rang and the door slid open, so Anakin stood up and walked in. He stopped at the center of the room, bowed, and greeted them with the usual "Masters".

He released from his bow and looked at the Masters that were present. Obi-Wan, Yoda, Master Windu, Master Depa Billaba, Master Shaak Ti, Master Ki Adi-Mundi, and many others had come to hear Anakin. As a matter of fact, the only person who wasn't there was Master Plo Koon, who had just been sent to Christophsis to reinforce the troopers there.

Truth be told, the entire Jedi Council had been surprised to hear Master Kenobi tell them that Skywalker wanted to speak to them. It was no secret that a certain element of resentment still flowed between the Chosen One and the Council, so when Skywalker came to them all of the Masters were intrigued, and ready to listen.

Master Windu began. "Master Kenobi has told us that you encountered something in the Xlenian system but he did not say what it was, only that it was best if you said it instead."

"It was a person, Master, a new Force-user from the Dark side." Anakin still didn't like referring to Mace Windu as 'Master', but he had to focus on the Inquisitor.

"Abandoned the Sith Rule of Two, has Sideous?" Master Yoda said, with a hint of humor in his voice.

"No, Master, she does not claim to be a Sith."

Master Billaba's calm voice piped up from Anakin's left. "Tell us everything from the first moment you found her. The more we know about this Dark user, the more we can do to stop her."

Anakin nodded and began his account of the story. "My troops and I were preparing to enter the Separatist base from the underground tunnels of Xlenia when she revealed her presence to me. I told my troops to go in without me so I could see who it was. I asked her if the Sith had recruited her as their newest member, but she said that she wasn't a Sith, that there was already a Master and an apprentice. I asked her what she was if she wasn't a Sith, and she said she was an Inquisitor."

"What is an...Inquisitor?" Master Shaak Ti asked, not meaning to interrupt Anakin, but curious all the same.

"I don't know, but it was the only name she ever gave me," Anakin answered, trying not to look at the Togruta. "I was hoping you would have heard something." He admitted, looking specifically at Master Yoda. 

Apparently, he had not. "Continue."

"I asked her why she was here, and she told me it was because I was there. I asked her to show herself but she refused. She said that she knew I had met with the Chancellor, but stayed in the shadows. I used my lightsaber to see her, and she...definitely looked like a Sith to me.

"She claimed she was on the side of people, so I asked her why she was helping the Separatists. She refused to give me a straight answer to her alliance."

"What did she say?" Master Windu asked.

"'Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm not on either side.' Those were her exact words."

Windu nodded. "Keep going then."

"I told her that she was at a Separatist base, and she started talking about how to fight for people. All I heard was denial, so I fought her, and that's when she brought out her lightsaber."