7.3.1

Master Billaba had accurately predicted the next day: by midday, every Master, Knight, and Padawan knew about the Inquisitor and her secret identity as the lost Togrutan Padawan. No one seemed to have heard the decision to wait for proof, though, because everyone assumed that Anakin and Obi-Wan's mission to Bespin was enough proof. Rumors were already starting to float around the Temple, guessing how and why Ahsoka Tano had fallen to the Dark side.

Now you may have assumed that these rumors were concocted by the teenage Padawans, but it was actually the Knights who were so quick to fantasize about the Chosen One's Padawan. They split off into the same sides that the Council had the previous night, but the theories were much more varied and grandiose. By the end of the day, the entire Order was divided into two groups: one who thought Ahsoka had fallen on purpose, and one who blamed the Council for her fall.

The Padawans and Younglings formed their own school of thought: that it wasn't really Ahsoka at all. Much like Caleb Dume, they had heard the stories of the legendary ex-Padawan, and her heroic missions across the galaxy. It may have been his influence that convinced the majority of the young Jedi that she wasn't the Inquisitor at all. So in total, there were two divides amounts the Order, adding to three groups of diverse opinions.

Anakin could no longer walk in the halls without being stared at, much like right after Ahsoka's trial all those months ago. Stares followed him as he made his way silently about the Temple, and whispered usually followed. Neither he nor anyone else could go five minutes without hearing the words 'Ahsoka' or 'Tano' or 'Inquisitor'.

All of the debate only added to his confusion and frustration. Anakin avoided leaving his quarters as much as he could and opted to spend even more time isolated from others than normal. He tried to convince himself that maybe Ahsoka really wasn't the Inquisitor and that the Padawans were right, but he still remembered that thread. It, along with her appearance, made him doubt every instinct he received from the Force that told him otherwise.

It wasn't that Anakin wanted the Sister to be Ahsoka. He wanted her to be separated from the whole mess, and safe, somewhere where the war couldn't hurt her. He wanted to find her somewhere away from the Order and the Senate, away from the people who had torn her away from the life she deserved.

Anakin looked out the window. He wanted to leave and get away from everyone that kept staring at him. He wanted to go to Naboo, where he knew that Padmé would be able to comfort him and let him forget about the war, and the Republic, and the Jedi. Maybe he should take a walk, around the street of Coruscant.

Or maybe he shouldn't. He narrowed his vision and focused on the flashing billboard off in the distance. If he concentrated he could make out a familiar shape, Ahsoka, next to a picture of the Inquisitor from last night, and the headline Ahsoka Tano: Is She Back?

Anakin tore his eyes away from the window. Even the civilians knew about her. He couldn't escape the horrible truth, that Ahsoka might have fallen to the Dark Side.

He stood up and walked out of the room. He passed all of the turning heads that pivoted around him and made his way to the roof of the Temple. He was about to turn the corner to the stairwell that led up and out of the building, but a group of Younglings was huddled by the door. Anakin hid behind the wall, praying that they hadn't seen him, but he realized that they were talking. About Ahsoka, no less.

As he listened in, he realized that it was the group of Younglings Ahsoka had taken to Illum for their Gathering Ceremony.

Katooni was the first Anakin heard speak. "Could you guys feel Master Ti today during meditation? She was so worried..."

"Well, it makes sense." That was Pedro. "Everyone is talking about the Inquisitor."

"Are you seriously bringing that up again?" Anakin decided that was Ganodi.