7.9.4

The 'urgent call' that Palpatine had taken wasn't a call at all. Instead, he had called the Inquisitor and his apprentice to Dromund Kaas. With these new developments, he needed to confer with people that understood the magnitude of the issue.

He walked to his throne and sat in it. He let his apprentice and his asset know that he was there, and waited for them to walk in.

Tyrannus and the Sister, though still quite tense with each other, had both felt a change in the Jedi Order even from the distances that they had been at. The Sister had been fairly close, running around the Inner Rim as much as she could. Tyrannus had been overlooking one of the Separatist Council meetings out in the Colonies. They could not deny that they felt a shift on Coruscant, although they wanted for Sideous to tell them himself and did not want to anger him by asking.

One of the things Tyrannus had done at the Council meeting was to get their input on the conquering of the Republic. Sideous had asked him to bring back military viewpoints only, so Tyrannus had done the best he could. It was difficult, especially when speaking to politicians, to get such answers but it was possible.

The Sister knew that she was being called for a different reason. Since Tyrannus was being replaced soon, she was the only one Sideous dared talk to about long term plans. It appeared to the Sister that Sideous may or may not be planning on letting her live, provided that she did not screw up. The Inquisitor said nothing but did all the more to gain his trust.

They walked in, and Tyrannus took a knee. The Inquisitor bowed her head, although it wasn't necessary for her. She needed to be on his good side right now, especially when the day was drawing closer.

Instead of staying seated on his throne, he stood up and walked down to his disciples. "I assume you have felt what I am about to tell you." They both nodded.

"There are details that you do not know, so pay close attention.

"Yesterday, another Jedi was meditating. This is normal, but she was joined by six other consciousnesses, all of them much weaker than herself. Somehow, these consciousnesses managed to find that we are influencing them through the Senate. They saw through the shadow I have cast over their minds. After I forced them out of their vision, the younger six started talking, as children do, but they deducted who was influencing the Order and almost spoke my identity aloud. The Jedi Master almost heard it, but I wiped the children's memories, and the Jedi Master is now insane, and all seven are now in the healing ward."

The two listening did not speak, but their minds began turning, and they glanced at each other from the corner of their eye.

"I have looked into our tip problem, the list had been run down. Skywalker just took the last mission this morning, and after this, the Jedi will have nothing to go off of. I want you two to discuss this. I am going to gather food, and I will be back, and I want to know what you think of this."

Sideous walked to the doors and left without another word.

As soon as the doors closed behind him, Tyrannus stood up and faced the Sister. She did not face him but stared after the Sith Lord.

"This was not accounted for in my master's plan," Tyrannus began. "And I don't see how children could have seen such things, even through the Force."

"Even if it was not accounted for," the Sister mused, "we ought not to change the plan. This does not affect it in any way. If anything it will make the Jedi weaker, and they will be less prepared for our attack."

"Are you suggesting that we forget all of this and just continue as if nothing happened?"

"If we act like something important happened, then the Jedi will know that what they did was important. If we act as though nothing happened, the Jedi will blow it off as well. They will blame it on a freak accident. Although," she muttered, "your master has already taken a risk with what he has done, in my opinion."