7.3.4

The next evening, the Sister was on her way to meet Grievous. Thankfully for her, they had finished their negotiations by the given deadline and she didn't have to worry about them anymore. Everybody lived.

As her ship flew through hyperspace, the Sister reflected on the whole experience. She took off her mask again and massaged her lekku as she thought. It was so different from all of her past experiences with politicians. Her biggest tool was their fear of her, and she was free to use it. She could scare them into being productive, and Darth Sideous wouldn't think any less of her for it. Kriff, he had even told her to do so. The Sith, and the Separatists as a whole, didn't care how a job was done, so long as it was done.

Maybe she could capitalize on that.

She thought long and hard on the matter, weighing and calculating how the blind eye of the Separatists to her advantage. She did, after all, have her own agenda. It just so happened that the easiest way to make her agenda work was by teaming up with the Sith.

At least she wouldn't see them for a while, at least not in person. She had received her orders to meet General Grievous near the Christophsis system from Darth Sideous, who had again cloaked himself in the guise of Chancellor Palpatine. They would be working together for the next few rotations to try and take a Republic base, but there was a hidden mission within the blatant one. The private goal that Palpatine had given her was to create as much tension and confusion in any Jedi that was sent on the mission. He had doubted that the Council would send Skywalker again, but he argued that she could still create problems for whoever was sent.

She jumped out of hyperspace and sent her landing codes to the Separatist cruiser that was waiting there. They went through the system quickly, and the droids let her know which hangar to go to. Readjusting her mask for the final time, she began the landing sequence. She didn't bother to activate her face shield since the only people on the ship weren't really people, but droids and a cyborg.

She walked through the hangar, looking around. The Sister had been on these ships before but this was the first time that neither Sideous nor Tyrannus were breathing down her neck. She took the opportunity to look around without being hurried on.

It wasn't all that big, especially compared to many of the other hangars she had been in before, but it made sense. Not many ships came on or off the cruiser, and the droids could be compacted when not in use. They didn't need much room for droids, which was why the Republic cruisers always had bigger hangars and storage units. Clones were nice, but they required all of the same resources that civilians did. Droids did not.

The Sister found herself comparing the Separatist ship to Republic ships in other ways. All of the fighters were, again, droids, but they were very crudely built and had no fine details save for their weapons. Tanks were not built to be safe or blast-resistant, but powerful and easy to produce. It was a trend in the Separatist Alliance, mass production. If it can be replaced easily, it didn't have to be quality, although it helped. Therefore, the tanks, while small and ugly and easily damaged, were also armed with powerful cannons, and plenty in quantity.

It was good she wouldn't be in those tanks, the Sister thought. If she had read between the lines correctly she would be doing more work behind the scenes than on the battlefield.

When she had gotten her fill of the hangar, she turned and made her way to the bridge. Grievous would be waiting for her there, she knew. As she approached the elevator that would bring her up to the room, she was met by a pair of battle droids standing guard.

"The Inquisitor, oh good," said one of the droids. "The general has been expecting you."

"Is he ready for me now?" She asked, stopping in front of them.