7.10.3

Once Anakin could breathe again, he steadied himself on the edge of the counter. "Where'd you find that?" He asked between wheezes.

"On a shelf, back there," she pointed behind her. "I didn't think you needed help, but I couldn't resist the opportunity."

He stood up straight. "At least now we don't have to worry about him. We can find those holocrons and get out of here."

"Right," said the Inquisitor. "Back to work."

"Feel around for your holocrons," he told her. "See if you can find them."

He did the same, focusing on the song he heard from the holocrons. The sweet singing filled his ears, and he turned slowly with his eyes closed until he thought he was facing towards them. When he opened his eyes again, he was staring at the floor, towards the back of the house.

"Find them yet?" He questioned, walking forward and searching the floor ground for a trap door.

"Yep. Down in the basement somewhere." The Sister saw what he was doing, and continued the search in the other room.

The taser wasn't the only thing she had seen on the shelves. This guy was either a collector or running some kind of black market for electrics and weapons. All sorts of scanners, blasters, trackers, computers, projectors, and just random pieces were cluttering the shelves, counters, and even the floor. The Sister had to watch her step to make sure she wasn't accidentally smashing a rogue spark plug.

She didn't see a trap door, but her gaze did sweep over the counters, looking for hints of other traps she had missed earlier while Killian was threatening Skywalker. A scanner was tipped on its side and the Inquisitor picked it up. Might be useful, she thought, and she turned it on.

She held it in front of her, watching the screen as it came to life. When she activated the program, it showed the room she was in, but with infrared lighting instead of visible. She angled it at the dim lightbulb hanging over her head. It was a soft orange. If it could pick up the heat from the light, maybe it could help scan for more traps, like the one on the door.

"Hey, are you dead yet?" Came from the other room. Skywalker must have found something.

"Not yet," she replied, "but I found an infrared scanner. You think Killian would mind if we borrowed it to steal our holocrons back?" She walked into the front room again, and Skywalker was fingering the floor beneath him.

"Probably," he guessed, and he looked back at the snoring drunk. "I found our way in. Bring it over here."

The Sister kneeled by Skywalker, examining the door with her eyes before checking the scanner. It was well hidden, but it didn't look armed. She held up the scanner and studied the heat coming from it.

"The door isn't armed," she reported, "but there might be another shock mat at the bottom. I can't tell until we open the door."

Anakin turned to the trap door. "Well, the good news is that it won't set off an alarm, and even if it did no one would hear it from all the way out here. Nothing should explode, either, since he probably is hiding more than holocrons down here. Whatever traps he must be setting probably either require contact or proximity." He opened it. "What do you have?"

"Shock mats, and plenty of them."

They stood up and Anakin pulled his lightsaber from his belt. He was about to ignite it and drop it on the shock mats, but the Sister held out hers. Anakin stared at her.

"This might work better." She offered it to him.

He reached out to grab it, gingerly. Replacing his own, he ignited both ends, and the Sister stepped back to give him room.