Epilogue

Author's Point of View:

I kind of wanted to elaborate on Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship. It's not a ship, I'm Anidala all the way, but this is so important, and I came up with this, and I wanted to tag it onto the end of the story. I think it's a good ending, and it kind of explains a few things from earlier.

Anakin and Padmé are in love, and that love surpasses all loves. It is a feeling, and they feel stronger for each other than for anyone else. They choose to love each other every day, and that choice is renewed each morning and each night. They choose to protect each other, and protect their relationship over all else.

Anakin's relationship with Ahsoka is not like that. It is not a feeling, it is a choice.

It is a loyalty, a trust that extends beyond feelings and emotions. It is a choice that speaks, and is not easily broken. It is a choice that says: "I will stand by you, but I will not make you choose between me and someone else. We walk separate paths, and we feel separate ways, and I will not force you to choose something you do not want to do. I will not force you to love me, but I will always stand by you. If you call out to me, I will run to you, and I will not leave your side."

It is a trust that is built on faith. It is a trust that says: "I have seen what you have gone through, and I have gone through it with you. I know your weaknesses, and I trust you with mine. I will be your strength if your own should fail, and I will give you courage and hope even if I have none of my own. I will stand by you, even when I can stand no longer."

It is a loyalty that is not broken easily, if at all. It is a loyalty that says: "My trust in you is deeper than my trust in the ground. When I have nothing to stand on, and when I have no reason to trust you, no reason to trust anyone at all, I will trust in you still."

It is a choice, that once it is truly chosen, it cannot be undone. It is a choice that says: "I will stand by you as I laugh. I will stand by you as I cry. I will stand by you as I play, and I will stand by you as I fight. I will stand by you as I bleed, and as I dance, and as I live, and I will stand by you as I die. The galaxy may separate us on opposite ends of time and space, but I will stand by you, even when I can stand no longer."

Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker have this bond, and it is not a bond based on feelings or emotions. It simply is that they are a student and a mentor, brother and sister, friend and friend, at the same time, but if all of that went away, and they had no love between them, they would still stand by each other. Their bond would not break.

This is why the Inquisitor, or the Dark side of Ahsoka Tano, did not hurt Anakin Skywalker. Her emotion was gone, her history and her joy had vanished, but her choice, her loyalty, her trust in Anakin, was greater and stronger than even the Dark side of herself.

Anakin Skywalker loves Padme Naberrie because they make each other whole. If they are puzzle pieces, then they complete each other, and match each other in ways no one else can. They come together to be whole.

Anakin and Ahsoka come together not to be whole, but to be broken.

They are not connecting puzzle pieces, but the same piece, in different places in the puzzle, with different functions and a different appearance. Maz Kanata has said: "I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people." If she were to look in the eyes of Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker, she would see the same eyes, although she would know that some of the things they have seen are different. Some, but not all. The differences would be few.

Remember, a stained window in a church is made of broken pieces of glass. Glass that is whole is beautiful, wondrous, and pure. Light shines through it and illuminates the room behind it, but sometimes that glass is broken. When it is, it shatters into small pieces, that are left on the floor to be swept up and taken care of someone else. Padme has the love to take the pieces of Anakin Skywalker, and with her own broken pieces, become something whole with him once more.

This is not what Ahsoka does. She is shattered too, and sometimes, Padme cannot always come to heal Anakin, so his shards remain on the floor, with Ahsoka's. These shards, though, are not forgotten, nor disposed of. The pieces of themselves are not dull and weak, but strong, sharp, and dangerous. Anakin and Ahsoka believe that their brokenness makes them weak, makes them a monster, and that it is something to be ashamed of, but it is not. Their brokenness is beautiful, powerful, and capable of being reshaped and remade into something more. Their brokenness is not their weakness, but their strength. One day, when they see that for themselves and know it to be true, they will become more dangerous and more powerful than any one person that is whole.

Perhaps they are monsters. Perhaps they are beasts that hurt, and kill, and destroy.

But when is a monster not a monster?

Oh, when you love it.