7.5.3

Lura rested on Plo Koon's lap as they flew through hyperspace. It had been a close call and he had taken a huge risk, putting Lura's safety in the hands of those soldiers, but it had worked. Lura Kan was safe.

She snored softly as the Jedi Master laid a hand on her back. He smiled, glad that he had reached Lura before the Inquisitor had gotten there instead of after. He remembered how he had been forced to fight the pirates that tried to kidnap Ahsoka as they were boarding their ship, getting ready to leave. Luckily, he had managed to protect the Togruta and get her away from harm, but she had almost been whisked away before he had even seen her.

He remembered how scared and afraid she had been when he first found her. She had trusted him, a lot like Lura had, at first, but she was so scared of being hurt or taken again, that she was very quiet and shy for the first few months of her time at the Temple. Slowly, Master Yoda and the other Masters had taught her to trust again, but it had taken years to develop.

He chuckled as he remembered how vivacious she became in the short span of the four years between when she got her lightsaber and when Skywalker took her on. Plo was sure that if Skywalker had seen her before she built her lightsaber, he wouldn't have recognized her. That's how drastic the change was.

Now, she was bold and fearless. Ahsoka Tano was a force to be reckoned with and was deeply respected by most. He knew that she had built up a reputation with the clones, especially. Plo Koon remembered how proud he has been of her when she stepped up to rescue her people from the Zygerians. She could handle herself, now.

That was back when she had the Jedi to support her, though. Now, she was alone or disconnected at best. Plo wanted to make sure she was doing okay, but he didn't even know where to look.

Or, rather, he did, and he just didn't want to acknowledge it. It was very possible, in his mind, that the Inquisitor could be Ahsoka, however unlikely it seemed. Plo Koon has felt the Sister's signature, and it was the opposite of Ahsoka's. He knew that the Dark side could change an individual drastically, but not even that could explain how Ahsoka had fallen so far. No, Plo decided. It wasn't her.

He still had to take precautions, though. The Council still debated as to who she was, and how she got there. Until the Council came to a decision about her, he would have to act as though it was a possibility. For the sake of the Order.

~

Whenever Plo Koon brought a Younglings to the Temple for the first time, he always parked his ship and then walked around to the front steps so they could see the whole Temple in its full grandness. When Ahsoka had seen it for the first time, her eyes widened beyond what Plo had thought possible, and reached out an orange hand to touch it.

When Lura noticed the large building, her jaw dropped a little and she didn't move her eyes from the front entrance. Plo followed her gaze and looked at his home. It really was beautiful, but something was off.

Lura pointed at the windows that were adjacent to the Council room. "Scared of red," she told the Jedi Master. "Angry at blue."

Plo stared at the small Twi'lek. He could tell who 'red' was, but they hadn't seen anyone who had a blue skin tone recently. Aayla Secura was in the Outer Rim, and Lura had never met her.

Then Anakin Skywalker walked down the stairs of the Temple. He nodded to Plo Koon, then froze when he saw Lura. He didn't speak for a second, then regained his composure. "Another Youngling?" He asked.

"This is Lura Kan," he introduced the young girl. "This is Anakin Skywalker," he told her and pointed to the Knight. He managed a weak smile at the Youngling, but she pointed at him and said something that shook Plo Koon to his core.

"Blue! Blue!"

The Jedi Master froze and hoped that Skywalker couldn't tell. He didn't say so and fingered his lightsaber.

"Yeah, mine is blue. Maybe yours will be too," he told her encouragingly. He turned back to the adult. "I'm on my way to the Senate Building, Master Plo. Anything I can do for you while I'm out?"

"I don't think so, Skywalker," he told him, trying to mask his concern. "If I find something, I'll let you know."

Anakin nodded and left quickly. Plo Koon walked up the stairs, just a little too fast to be casual.

If Lura could sense the fear and the anger of the Council, who else could tell? He knew now what was different when he looked at the Temple: the whole atmosphere was being unbalanced by the arguments of the Council members. The Inquisitor was tearing them apart.