7.12.2

Three hours ago...

Tyrannus' ship landed on the side of the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center, which was a really long name for 'Coruscant's biggest jail'. The building hid their whole ship from the view of the city, and since Sideous had prearranged for the jail to let them land there it was perfect for waiting out until it was time for Phase 1.

The Sister sat in the room she had been given for the jaunt to Coruscant, which was little more than an unlocked jail cell. Tyrannus certainly didn't feel any incentive to treat her nicely. There was dim lighting, terrible bedding, and absolutely no decorative details added. She didn't bother to ask for food; she had had a feeling that he wouldn't feed her. Instead, she had taken extra with her from Dromund Kaas, along with her lightsaber and nothing else. She didn't own anything else, not even her ship, truly.

She kneeled on what was supposed to be a mattress and ran over what she was to memorize from the recording Darth Sideous had left on her bed. She knew it back to front. Her instructions had been very clear, as were the true plans for the evening.

This much both Sideous had told both Tyrannus and the Sister: The entire senate would be at the gala save for Palpatine, who had an 'emergency' to take care of that could not wait. Skywalker would sense them coming to 'kidnap' Palpatine from a distance and come after them.

This is where the Sister knew the truth and Tyrannus had only heard a lie. He thought that they were to subdue Skywalker and take him with them to Dromund Kaas. The Sister knew that Tyrannus was being set up to duel Skywalker to the death. The winner would be Sideous' new (or continuous) apprentice, one way or another. Then the Sister would hide out below ground until it was convenient for her to come out again, after Phases 2 and 3.

The Sister's role was simple. Lead on Tyrannus until he Skywalker found him, then 'guard' the Chancellor until after the duel was over, all while threatening him, just like she had told Skywalker. It was easy, but not if Tyrannus tried to interfere. The Sister hoped his fruitless loyalty to his soon-to-be-ex Master would hold out until the duel, or she might not make it to tomorrow either.

When the ship landed, the Sister took a chance and left her cell. She walked out to the cockpit, but she couldn't see much from the inside since the rest of Coruscant was hidden by the ugly gray walls of the jail.

"Lovely view," she commented sarcastically. "Has the gala started yet?"

"Not yet," the Sith replied, refusing to look at her. "The Jedi have left, though, to begin preparations."

The Sister nodded. "When does the plan begin?"

"In one hour, right before the sun begins to set. By nightfall, we will be at the rendezvous point."

There was nothing else to say, at least, not for the Inquisitor. She turned to wait out the hour in her cell, but Tyrannus had other ideas. "Look familiar?"

The Sister didn't respond. She knew what he was trying to get her to say, but she wasn't going to pick this fight, not when she was so close to getting rid of him.

"It seems not too long ago that I picked you up from this cursed rock for Sideous. Good thing I will leave your dead body in the same place."

The Sister stayed no longer but went back to her cell. The door sealed behind her, and she wanted to scream from frustration, but she refused to give Tyrannus the satisfaction of getting to her.

Wait, she told herself. Patience is the key. All things come to those who wait.

~

Eventually, the time came for the two to take off. The Sister clasped her lightsaber to the hook on the back of the red sash wrapped around her waist. She spared a moment to remember how she had made it.