7.14.3

Anakin had smelled something when he walked into her house but hadn't noticed it until now. "Are you cooking something?" He asked, craning his neck to try and see into the other room.

"Just some soup," she answered, looking in the same direction. "I was just letting it heat up for a few more minutes. It's probably done." She held out a hand and closed her eyes. It took a lot more concentration to use the Force in her weakened state, but she managed to stir and pour the soup into two bowls with her mind.

"Are you using the Force to..." Anakin looked at her, almost laughing. It was a silly thing to use the Force for, but at the same time, he was glad she had not tried to make it while standing.

She smirked. "Well, I could barely even sit up without support, so I had to do something." She levitated the bowls and a couple of spoons from the kitchen in the next room over and onto the low table in front of the couch. "Hungry?"

"Actually, yeah," he answered, taking one of the bowls and handing the other to Ahsoka. "I've been looking for you since early this morning."

She squinted at him. "It took you that long?"

"I was stalling, all right?" He countered defensively. "I thought you were dead."

She laughed, and Anakin smiled at her light-hearted joy.

"Does the public know about the ex-Chancellor yet?" She asked him.

"Not yet," Anakin answered. "The Council is just now telling the rest of the Order, although chances are the rumors have already spread." He took his first spoonful of her soup. "What's in this?"

Ahsoka grinned sheepishly. "Some kind of vegetables, but the main thing is potatoes." She looked down at her own. "I've never heard of it before, but someone said it tasted okay, so I tried to remake it with what I had."

Anakin tasted it before smiling and turning to her. "Well, it's definitely better than rations."

Ahsoka giggled. "That's not very hard to do," she pointed out.

"Still, it's pretty good!" He praised her. It was odd, giving out compliments for something as simple as soup, but at the same time, both of them had been living off of little more than mush and bread, so neither of them minded.

"Thanks," she said, "but I think I'm actually missing a few things in it." She stared at the broth. "Once I get on my feet, I'll make a run to the market."

She started eating again, and Anakin did the same. It was nice, not having to worry about anyone that might be watching. Anakin hadn't realized how much he had felt like someone was staring over his shoulder until after Sideous was dead.

"How did you do it?" He asked suddenly. "How did he not see it coming?"

Ahsoka wiped her mouth and spoke. "It was all thanks to you, really. He was so focused on you that he didn't realize which way the other blade was pointing."

Anakin shook his head. "All that planning, and at the very last second..."

"It all goes to rancor dung."

Anakin smiled at her and set his empty bowl on the counter. "Thanks again, Snips."

"No problem, Skyguy. Don't worry, I still remember how stale rations are."

She leaned forward to set her bowl down, and she silently rejoiced when her cut didn't cause her to grunt. Anakin's healing was already helping the pain go away. Sure, it was still there, but she could probably stand up and walk if Anakin would let her. She knew better than anyone, though, that it wasn't about to happen.