7.11.3

The Sister trained in her private quarters on Dromund Kaas. She wanted to get away from Tyrannus and all of his nonsense, especially after a quiet and awkward evening meal.

Try as she may, she couldn't help but pity him. He had no idea that Sideous was planning to drop him like a rag doll once he had Skywalker, but he still kept trying to sneak around to find proof that the Sister was betraying his master. The Sister figured the best thing she could do for him was just stay away and let him spend his last days how he wanted to.

The 'Grand Plan' was tomorrow, or Phase 1 was anyway. It was split into three phases. Phase 1 was the day set aside for the Chancellor to be 'kidnapped', and for Skywalker to take Tyrannus' place. Phase 2 was the overthrow of the Republican Senate, and Phase 3 was the downfall of the Jedi. Order 66. It was almost time.

The Sister was actually due for a full mission debrief in twenty minutes. The next seventy-two hours were the most crucial in the Dark Lord's plan, and they had to be perfect. She and Tyrannus would spend the rest of the evening preparing, and then it was off to Coruscant. It was game time.

As she put her saber away and prepared herself to be in the Sith's presence (Tyrannus was meticulous about her appearance), she gathered her strength. She was determined to give Tyrannus as much respect and attention as she could spare. It was his last night, after all. Even someone as heartless as he deserved a bit of grace on the eve of his death. Or it would be if Sideous' plan worked out the way he wanted it to.

She walked into the room with the most technology on the sacred planet, their control room. All transmissions (not many), projections, plans, maps, equipment, and anything else they needed normally came from here. Tyrannus was already there.

"You're early," he noted fully. "Good. We have a lot to go over if this is going to go right."

You have no idea, she thought, but she only nodded. "What do you want from me?"

"For Phase 1, we are staging a kidnap. Skywalker should be the only one who notices we are there, and I am in charge of kidnapping him. You just make sure that the Chancellor gets on the ship safely. Guard him, if you will."

"Violently guard him, I'm assuming?"

"Yes, Master Sideous says that you are to convince anyone who might be there that you truly hate him."

"What is the route?"

"We will start close to the Temple, so Skywalker knows we have arrived. All of the Council members will be at the gala, in the center of the city, so they will be out of the way. We will run across the city, and enter the office wing from the roof. Then we will retrace our steps back to the ship."

It was extremely simple, for the magnitude of the events that would take place tomorrow night. The Inquisitor would have tried to plan a more concealed and secretive route, but it wasn't her mission, not really.

No, her mission was something else.

"Will we receive our orders for Phases 2 and 3 later?"

"Yes, although there will not be many things for us to do. Lord Sideous will handle the diplomacy."

The Sister nodded. It made sense since he held all the power.

"Is there anything else I need to know before tomorrow's gala?"

"No. Just be ready." She turned to leave, but Tyrannus called after her as she walked away. "Sister?"

She did not speak, but paused and turned her head slightly, to acknowledge that she had heard him.

"If I find that you betrayed us, even a hint of treachery, I will kill you. You are not a Sith, and you are more than expendable. I will not hesitate, brat."

You are expendable, too, she wanted to say, but she held her tongue. "I came here to see Sideous' plan through to its end. I plan to do nothing more, or less, than that."

"Oh, I doubt that," sneered Tyrannus. "I was the one to pick you off of that wretched planet that day."

"And since that day, what have I done to deserve your doubt?"

"Those tips to the Jedi."

"We already discussed this. I have made no contact with Coruscant since I left it."

"I know of your past. You are more than capable of tricks, Inquisitor."

The Sister was losing her patience, or what was left of it. "And for that reason, I have been watched, studied, and tortured into submission. You have trackers on my ship, you hear every whisper I send over hologram. I never leave the watchful eye of you, nor of your master, and I have never betrayed you in the year that I have trained on Dromund Kaas. All of that, and yet you still doubt my loyalty?!?"

"YOU ARE TOO LOYAL!!!" He shouted suddenly, and she was thrown violently against the wall. She felt the back of her montrals bruise as it came into contact with the ancient stone. Tyrannus has thrown her so hard, she had cracked the old architecture.

"All this time, you have been trying to steal my master from me! I have seen you speaking to him, you are trying to convince him to take on a new apprentice. You plan to kill Skywalker, I see it in your eyes. You are the reason he wants Skywalker alive, you are the reason we are kidnapping him! You want to take down his greatest enemy for him, you hope to prove yourself to the Dark Lord! Well hear me, you mewling quim, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY! I alone have been loyal to him, I alone have served at his side, without question, without doubt! I alone deserve to be his apprentice! You do not deserve to be a Sith!"

"I would never want to be one of you emotional train wrecks!" The Sister screamed back, all patience and sentiment lost. "You live a life of hatred and suffering, and you call it power and pleasure! I never wanted to be a Sith, I didn't even want to be an Inquisitor! But I have a mission and I will not stop until it is complete. You won't stop me from finishing Sideous' plan!"

"Listen, you wretch," he pulled her to him and held her by the neck. "This plan will go on as my master wants it, but after that, you are dead. I will kill you, and I will never let him take on another Inquisitor, or a third Sith, or anyone, no one but me. You are doomed, you hear? YOU HEAR?!?!?"

He dropped her, and she gasped for air as he stormed out of the room. The door slammed as she fought for breath, and she massaged her neck. By the time she could have responded, he was already storming into his quarters.

The Sister was seething, but she did not go after him, she did not try to explain. It wasn't her job to explain. Tyrannus was getting replaced but not by her, by Skywalker.

As for her, she knew she would probably be dead after the plan was fulfilled. Maybe the Sith-soon-to-be-Emperor would have a place for someone like her, maybe to hunt down Jedi survivors, but that was a big maybe. The most likely scenario was that after Phase 3, or maybe even Phase 1 as she wasn't needed afterward, she would be killed. Tyrannus was right, she was expendable.

The Sister closed her eyes and did not lift herself off the ground. She was expendable. No one had ever said it to her before, but it had been implied before. The only one who had ever truly valued her was her master, back when they were together. After Cato Neimoidia...the Sister didn't like thinking about it.

She crawled slowly to her feet and left. She went back to her quarters. She needed to rest before tomorrow. She laid on her bed and ran the plan over for Phase 1 in her head. It was a delicate process, and she needed to know everything she could.

Rolling over, she saw a small projector on her bed. She picked it up and activated the recording, and Darth Sideous' image appeared above her palm. She listened as he spoke, outlining the plan for Tyrannus' end. There were a few details that he wasn't aware of, a few very important and fatal details.