7.10.2

"So," Anakin said, releasing from the handshake, "How are you planning to find these holocrons?"

"The collector that I've traced the sales to is named Kip Killian. I managed to get this." She held out a handheld projector and activated it. "Did it just before your ship got here. Had some time to kill, so I figured I would save us the work."

The projector lit up, and a small map of the city appeared above the Sister's palm. Killian's house was near the outskirts, close to some of the power plants that ran the city.

"It looks like a good place for an ambush," noted Anakin, not willing to add that she could ambush him just as easily as Killian could. No need to let her know he was still being cautious.

"It's not even legal. According to the feds, Killian's hidey-hole doesn't even exist. It's not registered in any system on the planet."

"Well, it explains why he's hiding out near the plants," he zoomed in on the projection. "He's probably managed to hijack the power lines and steal some of the energy." A thought occurred to him, and he turned to her suspiciously. "If Killian wasn't registered, how did you find it?"

"I worked your logic backwards. You just said it, he's stealing power. I accessed the power grids and lined them up with the payments for the power bills. I found which line wasn't matching up, and eliminated the buildings he wasn't in. It was either this, or an old government barrack from thirty years ago."

"And you're sure he's not in the barrack?"

The Sister laughed. "Trust me, the barrack is demolished. I don't know why it hasn't been sold and renovated already."

It was odd, and there was no way that the Sister could have done it legally, but it checked out. Anakin would have tried the same thing if he was on his own, if he was being honest.

The Sister pressed a button, and the flickering map morphed into a compass, giving the direction and distance to Killian. The Sister and the Chosen One leapt off the edge of the building and began running around the edge of the city to the other side.

They could have run through the middle, but the Father knew what would happen if someone noticed the two of them running together, not fighting. With Anakin's luck, someone would snap a picture and load it to the HoloNet and the next thing he would know, he was getting arrested for fraternizing with the enemy. At least he could see Padmé and Ahsoka freely if he left the Order, though.

They stuck to the edge of town, avoiding the big buildings and the bright lights of the city. It was nice, getting to run without worrying about blaster fire or civilians that could get in the way. All he had to worry about was the wind in his face and the strength in his legs, propelling him forwards. Well, that, and the Togruta at his side.

He didn't trust the Sister, obviously. Only a fool would, especially when the situation seemed so innocent. A Dark user offering to help a Light one? Yeah, right.

Still, she didn't feel threatening to Anakin. He could normally tell when someone had ill intentions, and he wasn't picking up on anything from her. Not yet, anyway.

For the moment, he didn't think he needed to be afraid of her. While they were running, she wasn't going to attack him. If he was honest, it was nice not having to watch one side again. He could feel the Sister on his left and slightly in front of him since she knew where they were going. She would be watching his left, and he would watch her right. He hadn't had anyone to watch his back since...since Ahsoka left. Obi-Wan used to, but not recently with all of the chaos going on. They had distanced a little bit, and even when they had missions together they were normally split up, like on Xlenia. At least Rex and his men would always have his back.