7.2.3

Anakin flew the ship to Bespin. Obi-Wan didn't really care, but he also knew that flying eased the mind of his apprentice and he could sense his concern. 

The closer the Jedi got to Bespin, the more Anakin began to worry about how Obi-Wan would react to the Inquisitor. Would it even matter to him? He would probably just tell Anakin to focus on capturing the Inquisitor, or that it didn't matter who the Inquisitor was. He probably doesn't even care about her anymore, though Anakin, the words of the Chancellor still swirling through his head. 

They dropped out of hyperspace and went through their landing sequence quickly. As soon as Anakin diverted his attention from the ship and he stepped outside of the landing pad walls, he could feel the Inquisitor off in the distance and the thread came back.

Oh, that thread. If only there wasn't that cursed thread. 

Obi-Wan recognized the Dark Force signature, too. "I guess she's still here. What direction would you say to start?" 

Anakin pointed in the direction he felt her in. "That way, using the shadows."

They ran down back alleys and side streets towards the Dark figure and didn't stop to speak with anyone. She isn't trying to hide, Obi-Wan noted, remembering Master Yoda's words from a few days ago. She wants to be found. What's her message today?

They continued to run wordlessly until they were only a hundred meters away from her, by Anakin's guess. They paused by the side of a tall building and felt for the Inquisitor. 

She was on the roof, still not trying to hide. Obi-Wan paused and focused on her signature, now that he was closer to her and had a moment to think. He reached out and felt through the Force, and found the same Darkness that Anakin had felt earlier. The Jedi Master focused on the skill and talent he felt and tried to analyze it. It wasn't overly remarkable, but Obi-Wan remembered how much she had shaken Anakin before and decided that he couldn't afford to underestimate her.

He glanced at Anakin and nodded, and they began to climb the building. They paused as they went up, and slowly, they could hear her speaking to someone. It sounded like the other person was a male adult, and that they were communicating through devices rather than face to face. Obi-Wan didn't like her voice, it was too self-righteous and disrespectful for him. He tried to focus on the other voice before he reached the top of the building, and he paused on a rafter seven meters below the roof. He listened intently, and Anakin stood next to him as they eavesdropped.

"...won't be a problem. I'm just poking a bit of fun, as Darth Sideous told me."

"Just remember, this is a long term game, Sister." Obi-Wan and Anakin stared at each other. Sister? "My master has a plan, but this is one small step in the large scheme of it. If you want to grow the Inquisitorial Brotherhood, you must be patient."

"I understand, Darth Tyrannus." 

Obi-Wan mouthed 'Dooku' to Anakin, and he nodded.

"Are the Jedi close?" Dooku asked.

"Oh, very close, your excellency. They've actually been listening in to our conversation for the last minute or so."

The two Jedi pulled their lightsabers from their belts. So much for the element of surprise, thought Obi-Wan.

"In that case, I'd best leave you to your work," Dooku said. "Show no mercy, Sister."

The Jedi heard a small beep from above them, signaling the end of the conversation.

"I suppose we had better get this over with," called the Inquisitor, or the Sister, from above them. Anakin breathed heavily as he and his master leaped to the roof and saw the Inquisitor.