7.15.1

Ahsoka opened her eyes slowly, confused at how dark the room was. Where was the red glow that was normally in her room? Did the generator go out? She was going to have to spend all day fixing it, again. Then she blinked and realized that her bed was too comfy to be the one on Dromund Kaas. Where was she?

She didn't sit up right away but used the Force to access what was around her. She needed to make sure she was safe before she started moving, in case sleeping had been buying her time. Ahsoka kept her eyes shut and swept around the room before she realized that she wasn't in a cell, or a hidden bunker, or on a ship, or any one of the other places she had slept in recently. She was back on Coruscant, finally. She was in the house she had boughten (with Sideous' credits, of course) in the Lower Levels. She made sure no one else was in the house before sitting upright, groaning as she remembered her wound on her side.

Sitting still for a minute, she brushed her hand against her side tenderly. It no longer stung when she touched it, as long as she didn't press too hard. Ahsoka stood up slowly, but the shift from sitting to standing hurt more than just standing still, so she tried walking out of the room and into the front room. Not too bad, for having nearly died...was it last night? How long had she been sleeping? And how did she get into her room?

Ahsoka opened the door to the front room, from which every room in her house was connected to. She hadn't remembered it being as tidy as she found it, but she saw a handheld projector on the table. Walking over to it, she activated the recording, and Anakin's face hovered in the air.

"Hey, Snips," he said softly, smiling at her. "I can't talk too loud, since you're sleeping. I hope you get some rest before you see this, you're going to need time to heal."

Ahsoka couldn't help but smile at his concern. She missed being looked out for, even if it wasn't necessary.

"I had to head back to the Temple, the Council wants to know what happened. I don't think they're mad if it helps any."

I wasn't worried about what they thought, she did not say. He couldn't hear her anyway.

Anakin's face fell and he sighed into the microphone. "I get that you have to go, but...just, just try to stay safe this time, all right?" He stared directly at Ahsoka through the recording. "I'll see if maybe Padme can reach out to you soon, and I'll try to look out for you as much as I can. I'm hoping this time, I can find you."

"It wasn't your fault you couldn't find me, Skyguy," she spoke into the empty room.

"May the Force be with you, Ahsoka. And...." he looked away from the projector, then forced a smile and shook his head. "Never mind. Stay safe."

Ahsoka could tell he had wanted to say something, but he started fiddling with the controls to end the message. He must have found them because he looked back at the camera one last time. Then he rethought his choice. "I'm sorry, Snips."

The hologram fizzled out. The recording had ended.

You aren't the one that needs to be sorry, Anakin, she thought, closing her eyes. You didn't see what I did. Not all of it. It was too late, though. He was up on the surface for sure, and she needed to hide. She had to leave, to protect the people here from her, from everything she did and everything that was coming for her.

She couldn't do it on an empty stomach, though, and without supplies. She hadn't even quite figured out how she was getting off-world yet, since she didn't have a ship. Ahsoka needed to stock up while she could, though. Now might be her only chance.

Stumbling to the closet in the corner, she rifled through a few mostly empty bins. She had asked Ventress to leave behind anything she could find that she didn't need since the Sister couldn't set foot on Coruscant without Sideous or Tyrannus coming after her. Ventress had actually pulled through beautifully and had brought in some furniture, like the couch, and a fair amount of food and random other things that Ahsoka no longer had unlimited access to. Thankfully, a cowl had been on the list of things Ventress had found. Ahsoka made a mental note to pay her back the next time she saw her, although she didn't have any idea when that would be.