08 : ANGEL

"YOU WERE AN ANGEL
IN THE SHAPE OF MY MOM"

Jennie feels her anxiety crawling on her skin.

She's still wearing her uniform as she clenches her bagpack tighter. Her heart beats faster with every step she takes.

The smell of unknown medicines filled her nostrils. People in white scattered on the walls, alarming sounds, some people crying, some people massaging their temples out of stress, nurses and doctors faking their smiles, are enough for Jennie to guarantee that this place is no good.

This is the exact scene when her father was confined in the hospital, twelve years ago. Only this time her mother is not by her side because she's the one in this gehenna.

Her shaking hands slowly make its way on her sides.

Jennie's mind suffocates her with possibilities that her mother might die.

"H-Hello Auntie?"

"Jennie! you have to come here now at the hospital― your mom..."

She gulps,

Jennie stops walking when she heard some noises coming from a crowded room. Tilting her head to the side, a big glass window welcomes her. She turns her full body on the window, looking at the scenery before her.

Nurses are everywhere, a doctor is doing a cpr on someone, and beeping noises errupts the four walls that seems to be holding someone's life.

It's a blur. Everything is beclouded with her tears when she saw her mother. Her pale skin attached to unknown tubes, her mouth agape as if she can't breathe and the doctor is saving her.

But no, for Jennie,

Doctors are murderers. They're the main reason why her father died, they're a failure. Stupid. And technically useless.

Jennie's hand slowly touches the cold glass that is seperating her from the scene.

She bangs the glass. "Eomma!!" Another bang, "Eomma!" And another, but this time louder.

No, this is just a prank. This is just a joke. Aniyo.

But her mind lies. Her mom is really laying on that bed, it's real. The nurses that are touching her body are real, the doctor is real, the monitor clearly says that her line is about to do a straight line, it's real.

Everything's real.

Jennie bawls her hands into fists. Anger and sadness fill up her nerves.

"Eomma! Aniyo!"

Bang!

She punches the glass but it wouldn't budge, "Get away from her!" Jennie punches it harder and harder.

The sobs on her throat continue to elaborate. The way everything is processing on her brain is shattering. She's shattering.

Her aunt notices this and she quickly went out of the emergency room. She hugs Jennie tightly, "Jennie, calm down." Jennie wails on her aunt's arms.

"What happened?" She sobs, her aunt pats her head to soothe her down, "Your mother, she had a heart attack this morning, she was practically dying." Her aunt heaves a deep breath,

"And she told me that...

She can't take it anymore."

-