42 : REMEDY (JS)

( KIM JISOO )
"I DON'T LET NOBODY SEE ME
WISHING HE WAS MINE"

SELECTED SONG : I'D LIE BY TAYLOR SWIFT

Her coffee's getting cold.

The unyielding winter breaks on the pad of her window; it whispers incoherent words that comes out as a blur to her ears. White padded snows kiss her windows, hugging her fragile body along through the glass.

Jennie heaves a sigh as she holds the comfort of her green mug. Her chestnut eyes travel at the frigid window in front of her.

Two days. Two days without any sunlight, without school, without Yoongi, without Jisoo, and without... Taehyung.

Jennie figured that maybe this is the best way to cure Taehyung ─ to stay away from him, to leave his sight. But every night, Jennie finds herself coming back to him.

In her dreams, there sat Taehyung with a smile on his face. No disease, no hindrance, just her and him without worries and with freedom.

The female lifts her mug up to drink the cold coffee. Its thick and dark taste flows down on her throat, clearing all her words out. Jennie blinks as she avoids all of her thoughts.

However, her mind drifts to Taehyung and their memories.

At the tree, at the school, at the classroom, at the gym, at the funeral house, at the bus stop, at the tattoo shop, at the middle of the road, and at their exile ─ the hospital.

Jennie treasured it all. But she has to do this, for Taehyung's recovery, for his better future even though she wouldn't be a part of it. No matter how hard Jennie tries to fix the puzzle, it will remain clueless.

How Jennie wished this never happened at all ─ this chaotic love maze. She wishes she realized things sooner, that way Taehyung wouldn't be in pain whenever she was with Yoongi. She wishes she followed Jisoo's advice.

She wishes she could go back...

Fate has too many plans for her ─ too many obstacles Jennie has to face until she reaches that sweet happy ending.

Her finish line.

Is this the end of their crippled love story?

Jennie places her hands on her table, breathing steadily. She adverts her gaze down to the wooden furniture to observe the things on it.

There's a notebook on the left side with some pens, the mug, some old newspapers, stationaries, and a pink box.

Jennie gulps, staring at the box. She carefully grabs it. Opening the box with a callousing frown on her face, Jennie takes a look inside of it.

And the old smells of yesterday come crumpling down to her lungs. They susurrus the past and it makes Jennie blue. Blue to her skin, to her mind, and to her heart.

Mostly in her hallowed heart.

Jennie slowly reaches out for the dried leaf inside the box. She examines it, chuckling a little bit when she remembers that it was the leaf when she first met Yoongi at the park.

"See you again here, Nini."

Placing the dead leaf on the table, Jennie takes the polaroids out of the pink box. The polaroids are all about Yoongi ─ when they were just kids.

"C'mon Yoongs! Let me take a picpic of you!"

"No! I don't look good in pictures."