34 : DEFEAT

"SOMETIMES I WISH
I COULD DO SOMETHING STUPID"

"─Jisoo, Kim Jisoo!"

Jisoo snaps out of her thoughts when somebody calls her name. She looks up to see her teacher, raising an eyebrow at her. "Daydreaming?" The teacher, Mr. Jang (History teacher), widens his eyes at her. Jisoo flutters her eyelashes, sitting up.

"I asked you a question, multiple times now." His accent laces around the room and it silences the students. Jisoo visibly shakes, gulping. "Are you perhaps, out of your mind today? Prom still lingering around your head?" Mr. Jang scoffs and Jisoo lowers her head down in shame.

Frankly, Jisoo doesn't know why she's spacing out. Is it because she didn't eat this morning? Is it because of the raining skies? Or is it about the fact that the seat next to her is empty?

Today was supposed to be a normal day for her. She should've eaten her breakfast by five, getting ready at six, and listening to Mr. Jang at seven.

But, when she came here with an empty chair beside her; she suddenly felt lost. It's like the insides of her stomach is filled with shabby webs and closed cabinets.

Empty. She was empty.

But she couldn't let her sanity slipped right out of her hands. She has to be positive, because that's what people know about her.

The radiant and happy Kim Jisoo.

Is that Jisoo dead?

Jisoo lifts her head up and flashes a smile at Mr. Jang. "Don't worry about me, sir! I'm not daydreaming! I'm just feeling a little bit off today." She enthusiastically exclaims.

Liars. Jisoo hates liars. Especially if she knows what truth is hiding behind them.

When she was five, she had heard too many unfulfilled promises. Like when her dad told her that he will never fail as a father or when her sister promised her to stay by her side no matter what will happen. But, where's that promise his father made?

Broken.

He failed. He always does.

Where's Seulgi now?

Gone.

She left her. All fucking alone.

Her father is a liar. Seulgi's a liar. And Jisoo is too.

Maybe that's why she hates herself.

"Are you sure you're doing alright? You don't sound like yourself." Mr. Jang emits a worried face. Jisoo almost hiccups her words out, however, she refuses to let her heart talk.

"I'm fine, sir!"

What a liar.

-

Yoongi keeps biting the cap of his pen.

Anxiety dwells up on his head whilst staring at the board filled with contexts and lessons. No matter how hard he tried to focus on the words plastered on it, his mind will divert its attention to the prom night one day ago.

Yoongi doesn't know where did Taehyung and Jennie go after that kiss with Jisoo. And mind you, there are tons of regrets inside his head.

He should've ran to Jennie and craddled her in his arms. He should've followed her and asked if she was okay. He should've been there by her side. And lastly, he should've kept her close.