Chapter 25

Recap

"What the Hell is going on with our babies!?!? Just tell us already!?!?" Edward yelled at the new doctor. I could tell her was getting frustrated just like me and Harry.

           Finally Dr. Andy looked at us and told us something that could change everything.

"It seems that while baby A is the size they need to be during this time of your pregnancy baby B hasn't grown at all from the late time you had an appointment"

            To Be Continued....

Louis

           "What do you mean they haven't grown at all!?!" Edward asked.

"Well I mean while baby A is the correct size to be this far along in your pregnancy baby B is not.  This could mean one of three things; one is that they are just a later bloomer bit will soon catch up to its bigger sibling. Another thing that could be going on is they will just develop slower and has a high chance of a birth defect, this could range anywhere from blind or deaf to something as severe as crippled (not being able to walk). The last and final thing is something that we hope is never the case but we still have to take into consideration as doctors and that is they could already be dead."

         Just hearing that had the whole room going quite. I could feel my heart beating at so hard I thought it was going to beat out of my chest. When I looked over to Edward and Harry I could see that they weren't doing any better. What had me finally braking out into silent tears was not only the words Harry used but how broken he sounded when he said it.

"So mean to tell us that one of our babies could already be dead?"

"Well yes but there is a good chance that they aren't. It is very rare for that to happen so we just have to keep hope that everything is fine." Dr. Andy told is in a calm manner witch seemed to just make Edward mad.

"You are telling us that our baby could be dead and you want us to stay calm what kind of doctor are you?!?" He yelled back.

"Just calm down sir,  I know its not what you wanted to here but we have to take that into consideration. There are ways to see if that is the case or not."

"How?" Harry asked

"Well there are two options the first way is to try and just wait it out and see if they will start to grow on there own. That could take up to 4 weeks to be able to see any improvement. Another way is to go in kinda like you would with a c-section and check for ourselves." He told is in a calm and professional voice.

"What happens during the procedure?" I finally got the nerve to ask.

"Well like I had said we would go in kinda like a c-section and see what is going on. By doing it this way we can see if baby B is getting all of the nutrients they need to grow. Another thing is that if they are just not getting  all of the nutrients they need we can try to fix the problem so that they can. It will also be a way to see if the baby had passed we can remove it before it can make the other baby sick."

"What would be the risks of doing the procedure?" Edward asked calm now that he has had a moment to process everything.

"The only big risk that could happen is that you could lose both babies if they are not able to preform the surgery within a short amount of time. That will also depend on if they have to take the babies out of the womb to check on them. If it comes to that they will only have an hour to do the procedure because a baby of there size can't survive out of the womb for longer than that. We will hope that doesn't have to happen." He explained

"Well you said that if they have to remove the babies they will only have an hour but how long will they have if they don't have to do that." Harry asked him and I couldn't help but wonder the same thing.

"Well if they don't need to do that they will have a total of 3 hours. But you also want to know that no matter how things go during the procedure there is only a 1% chance of anything going wrong. It will also come with a week of bed rest and a chance of a few days in the hospital so just keep that in mind as well if you do choose to go with this option." After that both Dr. Edwards and Dr. Andy left to give us time to choose what we wanted to do.

      It wasn't long after they left that I broke down in tears. It was just so much to take in and I felt like it was all my fault, that somehow I was a bad mother for letting this happen.

"I'm so s-sorry I didn't m-mean f-for this to h-ha-happen" I cried to them. They immediately came over to try to comfort me.

"No baby don't ever think that this was your fault" Harry said as be ran his fingers through my hair.

"You couldn't have done anything that would make this happen. The only thing we can do is to decide what we want to do and try and fix the problem." Edward told me in a calm voice as he kissed my forehead repeatedly.

       It took a while before I was calmed down enough to talk about what we wanted to do. When Dr. Edwards and Dr. Andy came back in the room we had told them that we wanted to do the procedure. We got a few more details from them about what was going to happen and what I would need to do to be ready. Once all of that was settled we were free to go.

         It was a hard choice to make because of all the things that could go wrong but we had confidence that everything would be just fine. We stopped at the front desk to make me an appointment for next week and filled out the papers we needed for me to have the procedure done. I just hope that things go as we want them because I don't know what I would do if we were to lose one of our babies.

(A/N)      I am sorry for the wait. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't hate me to much lol. I wanted to thank you for all that you all have done for me with being patient and understanding. I love y'all so much and please continue to vote and comment on the chapters you like best. Again I love y'all so much. Bye. 💚💙💚💙

              ~Tabetha Dake