Prologue (Luna's Death)

Luna was sitting on her bed, crying her eyes out for what seemed the umpteenth time that day. She had her head down looking at the blood at her hands, as she held an even more bloody knife in her right hand. You see, she had killed 2 people and just now thought of what she had done. In her mind she felt what she had done was partly justified after all the misery her father had given her.

     Luna was a very sweet girl, living along the bayous of Louisiana. Gentle and caring to all living creatures, she gave everyone her genuine kindness and generosity, no matter who you were. Always willing to do things for others, not expecting anything in return. From the outside looking in, you would have thought all things were perfect in her life. There was one dark cloud over her however.

     You see, all she ever saw from her father Ron was a roller coaster of emotions towards everyone and everything around him. The worst of this was directed at Luna, who for the most part felt she had to psychologically walk on eggshells around him. One minute he could be nice to her but then be angry with her in the next. She never knew what he was going to do next.

     The worst of it was when Gwen came into the picture at age 10. Luna didn't like Gwen and the feeling was mutual for Gwen as well. Gwen made things worse, blaming Luna for everything that went wrong in their lives and as a result this started the physical abuse from Gwen.

     Then after 8 years of abuse, Luna decided that she had had enough, she stayed in her room, her emotions going haywire, until Ron and Gwen were passed out drunk on the couches. She quietly left her room, went downstairs to the kitchen, grabbed the largest knife she could find and went into the living room. She stood in the doorway for a couple of minutes before slowly walking over to where Ron was. She stood over him almost as if she were in a deep trance, thinking back to the pain and suffering the man had put her through for so long.

     Luna continued to stare down at Ron as she slowly raised the knife over her head, and swiftly stabbed him right in his chest. He woke up, screamed in pain and tried to fight back but he was wasted that he couldn't save himself. It took 5 blows before he went unconscious. Gwen eventually woke up from the screams and saw Luna on top of Ron stabbing him, so she tried to run away but she was just as drunk Ron. Luna jumped from the couch, landed on top of Gwen and attacked her with several blows to the chest and neck. Luna went back and forth between Ron and Gwen and continued stabbing them over and over until she snapped out of her trance like state and realized they were both dead.

     This brings us to where we are now. When she saw all that blood on the floor, 2 of the living room walls and on herself, she ran to her room crying over what she had just done. She didn't know who or where to turn. She had no family members or friends to contact, the law would most certainly punish her even if what she had done was completely justified, and no stranger was going to let her into their home without calling the police. She thought maybe the church would help her, but then she thought God certainly wasn't going to forgive her for this. This left her with only one option left: death.

     This time she thought this out. She cleaned her hands and wrote down in a notebook everything she remembered of what Ron and Gwen had done to her and why she had to kill them. On the front she wrote 'TO: POLICE FROM: LUNA', set it on her bedside table, then called 911 to report a crime at her home. She hung up right after she told the operator that. She laid on her bed took the knife she killed Ron and Gwen with and slit her throat where the carotid artery is. Her last conscious thought as she took her final breath was "God, I hope you can forgive me." before everything went black. 

I wanted to give a big thank you to @TheDrowsyMoon, for helping me with my story, without their help, my story may not be as smooth and well written as it is now.