Chapter 14

"Um... forgive me Mr. Baxter, but I still don't understand why I have to do this again, while being hooked up to an EEG machine." Luna asked as she sat on a chair with two wires attached to her forehead. She was asked back into Baxter's lab for another round of testing under the orders of Alastor. The reason was because there were two incidents of where she had a nervous breakdown while practicing her spells and no one knew why. Alastor assumed it was the black magic affecting her but when the same thing happened using white magic, he knew he had to ask Baxter for help. So now, here she was, attached to a machine, with Baxter and Alastor standing over her and an orb like what she used last time in front of her.

"Mr. Alastor believes that something in your memory is causing you have these unexplained breakdowns when you cast your spells. The two wires are only on the parts of the brain that deal with memories, both short and long term. Mr. Alastor will watch your physical changes as well as your memories while keep an eye on the EEG scan." Baxter explained.

"Excuse me Mr. Baxter, but what do you mean Alastor will watch my memories?" Luna asked suspiciously with a hint of fear.

Baxter sighed before explaining, "The only way to know what's causing the breakdowns is if Mr. Alastor sees all of your memories."

"WHAT?! THAT'S AN INVASION OF PRIVACY!!!! IT WAS BAD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO TELL THEM PART OF MY LIFE, AND NOW YOU EXPECT ME TO BE OKAY WITH THIS?!!" Luna screamed in rage and fear as she ripped wires off her forehead, got up and stormed towards the door. She was stopped by an arm around her chest and another around her waist which made her struggle while her pendant glowed brightly. She stopped struggling when she felt something rest on top of her head.

"Luna... I know how hard it is for you to talk about your past let alone show them to anyone believe me, but I wouldn't ask you to do this if I didn't feel it was worth the risk. If we don't figure out what's causing you to have these nervous breakdowns of yours, your magic will hurt or kill you, and that's exactly what I don't want to see happen to you." Alastor said calmly and gently trying to ease her fears.

"I know you want to help me with my breakdowns, ... I just hate the fact that I'm being forced into showing you my memories that I didn't want to talk about with anyone until I felt ready to do so on my own terms!" Luna said trying to hold back tears. This was the last thing she wanted to do. Alastor turned her around and cupped her right cheek, looking into her fear filled eyes.

"I will never, ever tell a soul about what I see. If I do, I'll let you kill me on the spot." "Promise?" Luna asked softly.

Alastor gave her a long kiss on her forehead. "I promise wholeheartedly my dear." He said with a reassuring smile. "Mr. Baxter, you are my witness in case if Alastor tells anyone." Luna said strongly making Alastor burst with laughter.

After calming herself down, she walked back to the chair and sat down so Baxter can place the wires on her head again before telling her the procedure. "This is similar to what we did before but this time, you don't have to say anything. Just let the memories and feelings flow naturally." Baxter and Alastor walked over to the machine and gave her a head nod signaling that they were ready when she's ready. She gave a head nod back, placed a hand on the orb and closed her eyes allowing the memories to surface.

Everything she could remember from age 6 till now appeared on the orb, the abuse from Ron and Gwen, the times she was happy at school and with Mama Belle until her death, the struggles she had to keep her so called family afloat, the memories she was struggling to remember. The more recent memories appeared as well from the day Robert and so many others were killed, to how Sir Pentious tried to seduce her. She let the memories flow as well as the tears that came with most of them. Luna eventually had to stop because of a painful headache, so she took her hand off the orb and leaned back in the chair, keeping her eyes closed. "I'm sorry.... I just need a minute."