Chapter 24

A/N: I know this is past Valentine's Day, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I couldn't work on this chapter as quickly as I wanted to. There is 'lime' in this one just to give you a heads up. Picture up top is done by @caitlinc37 on Twitter. Enjoy!

Two weeks passed before Luna realized that Valentine's Day was upon her and she was still unsure about the holiday let alone what to do for Alastor. Valentine's Day was one of those holidays she never paid any attention to considering it was for couples only, well at least in her mind. Just like with Christmas, she wanted to do something special for him but wasn't sure of what would make him feel happy and loved. Some of her friends had asked her what she was going to do for Valentine's Day, but she just kept her mouth shut on the matter.

Three days before Valentine's Day Luna had finished a few hours early, so she decided to help Niffty with the laundry while Charlie and Vaggie were talking amongst themselves. "Luna?" Niffty said. "Yes Miss Niffty?" Luna replied. "What are you and Alastor going to do for Valentine's Day?" Niffty asked with curiosity. Luna just sighed at that which made Niffty, Charlie and Vaggie take notice of. "I take it you have no idea of what to do." Vaggie said in an all-knowing tone. Luna nodded in response with her head hanging low.

Charlie stood up from her chair and walked over to hug Luna in a warm embrace. "Don't worry Luna, I'm sure Alastor will love what ever you decide to do for him." "But that's my problem Miss Charlie, I have no idea of what I can do for him without going overboard. I know Valentine's Day usually means doing things in the bedroom but... I just don't know." Luna said. The truth was Alastor had told her he was asexual a while back which meant he had little to no interest in sexual activity. So, while he might be interested in it, she couldn't be so sure. She didn't want to push him or herself into anything that would make them uncomfortable.

"Don't worry Luna! Alastor loves you and I'm sure what you give him will strengthen that!" Niffty said happily. "Niffty's right Luna. Try to think of things he really loves and maybe work with that." Vaggie added. "Thank you, I really appreciate it. I'm sure I'll figure something out." Luna said with a soft smile.

Luna kept to herself for the rest of her shift as she was still trying to figure out what would be perfect for Alastor but nothing she came up with was good enough. Before supper, she walked into the courtyard and sat on one of the benches close to the entrance. It was much warmer than normal, so it was easier to sit outside without feeling too cold. She stared into space as she thought to herself. 'I can always cook the country fried venison again for supper, that'll make him happy. What can I do to top the gifts I gave him for Christmas?'

Luna felt the soft breeze hit her face which caused her to snap out of her thoughts as she watched some of the dead leaves move along the ground. The wind made the leaves still on the trees rustle which reminded her of a song she had listened to when she needed to sleep at night: 'Lullaby of The Leaves'.

Luna's eyes closed as she sang, unaware that someone was watching her from the doorway of the hotel. When she finished the song, she sighed to herself and leaned back more into the bench. A stranger clearing their throat caught her attention and make her jump of the bench, ready to defend herself from whatever it was that was watching her. She felt more at ease when she realized it was Baxter.

"Forgive me for startling you Miss Luna, but I came to tell you that everyone is ready to eat." He stated rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Alright Mr. Baxter, thank you for letting me know that." Luna said with a soft smile.