Chapter 27

A/N: There will be two surprise characters in this and in the next chapter. One of them I had to take a guess as to what I believe their dialogue would sound like. So if you feel I have it wrong, please don't judge me! This is just how I think they would sound. With that out of the way, enjoy the chapter!!

Soon winter turned into spring for the denizens of Hell. The weather outside got warmer, the days were longer, the nights were shorter and everyone was getting ready to walk outside without having to wear their winter gear. This also meant more activity outside which means more demons getting sick and or hurt and in need of medical treatment. In short, more work for Luna and Baxter at the Happy Hotel.

"Please, try to remember to take your medication every day Mr. Roman and continue your therapy sessions. It will help you in the long run." Luna said with a friendly smile. She and Baxter were discharging Mr. Roman from the medical ward as it was almost their lunch hour. "I'll try nurse Luna. Thanks again doc." Mr. Roman said in a gruff voice. "You're welcome sir. Have a nice day." Baxter said, and Mr. Roman left the ward, leaving Luna to begin cleaning up the bay he was waiting in.

"It's almost noon Miss Luna." Baxter stated. She looked at her watch on her right wrist. "So it is." Luna said. "Will you be eating with the others today?" Baxter asked. Luna sighed and replied, "As much as I want to eat with the others, I have some paperwork I need to finish up on."

Baxter looked at her with guilt on his face. "I hate that you are doing all of this by yourself Luna." "I know Mr. Baxter, but you are still learning the system. It's better that I do this until you feel ready to do this without my help. You go on ahead and eat with the others. I promise I will take time to eat while I work." She said with a soft smile. "Very well then, I should be back in thirty minutes." Baxter said taking his leave. "We have an hour lunch break remember? So please, take your time Mr. Baxter." Luna commented as he walked out the door and hung up the sign that said gone for lunch. Luna retrieved her yogurt and granola bar from her locker, refilled her bottle of water sat at the computer and after taking only one ten-minute break, the task was done in just under twenty-five minutes.

Luna was grateful that they decided to put in an electronic health record system put in, it made the filing of patient records much faster and more efficient. The only downside was that she was the only one who knew how to use it since Baxter had never worked with it before. He had done it the old-fashioned way and only used the computer for scheduling and looking up diagnosis', so Luna had been teaching him how to use it and in the meantime, she did all of the EHR work herself. The one-time Baxter did try to do it on his own, half of the records were either placed elsewhere or were deleted completely, so it took her a few days and some sleepless nights to get everything back to normal again.

Ever since then Luna did all of the EHR work on her own, much to Alastor's disapproval because this often meant missing supper and not getting done with work until eight o'clock at night. If they had someone who would do all of the paperwork for the EHR, it would be helpful but, in the meantime, Luna and soon Baxter had to do it themselves. With her task done, the happy hotel nurse decided to spend the rest of the time cleaning up around the ward until the sound of hurried footsteps reached her ears. Realizing it was coming from outside, she looked through the window in confusion before noticing someone running out from behind the trees.

It was a cartoon like demon with its appearance entirely colored in black apart from his face, which is white in color and had a most notable wide, toothy grin which was a frown at the moment. It wore shiny black shoes, a white bowtie, and a pair of gloves, each possessing two black buttons. The shape of his head resembles cartoonish horns that always remain facing the viewer no matter which way it was facing and it seemed to be lacking a neck, so its head floated a few inches away from its body. Part of its face was covered in a black like substance obscuring one of its pie cut shaped eyes, which made her think this demon was from the 1920s or 30s where rubber hose animation was a popular choice for cartoons.