Chapter 29 (Part 1)

Luna woke up to find Alastor was gone for what she assumed to be on his morning hunt. She looked at the alarm clock and saw it was six thirty in the morning, so she climbed out of the bed, made it and hopped right into the shower, knowing she wasn't going to be able to fall back to sleep. After cleaning herself up and doing her hair in a loose ponytail, she put on her purple flannel shirt with a black tank top that was just low enough to show off her pendant, black lounge pants, and black socks for the time being. She then grabbed her phone off the charger and headed downstairs to the kitchen to take her medicine.

As she took the pills and swallowed them with water, she saw a folded-up piece of paper beside her medicine bottles close to the oven. She opened up the paper and read: 'Luna dear, I will be out on errands for a few hours after my hunt. Knowing how you tend to skip breakfast, I have something special for you and placed it in the oven so it can stay warm. Enjoy your morning my love. Truly yours, Alastor~'

Luna opened the oven door to find venison medallions in creole-italian blood gravy with lightly buttered grits on the side. She figured Alastor had gone very early into the city and had this prepared for her, even though it wouldn't have been necessary, thoughtful but not necessary. Pairing her meal with whole milk, she took it to the table and ate as much as she could so her deer demon partner would be satisfied. Once finished, she cleaned her dishes, put them in the dishwasher and thought about what to do next. 'Well, it's seven thirty right now. Since Alastor showed me the spell he uses to clean the house, I suppose I could do that after I work on the garden.'

With that decision made, Luna went back upstairs and switched into some clothes that she didn't mind getting dirty- an old t-shirt with some stains on it along with slightly ripped up blue jeans and old tennis shoes that should have been thrown out a while ago. "Now that I have some proper clothes on, it's time to get to work." She said to herself as she walked back down the stairs and went to the laundry/mud room, going out the door before shutting it behind her.

After working for almost two hours, she checked the list she had in her head. "Let's see... the weeds have been pulled and the twigs have been collected being placed into the ditch behind the property, fresh mulch has been put down around the plants and watered, and the furniture, the walkways and the outdoor space have been cleaned up. All that's left for me to do now is put the tools back in the shed before cleaning myself up again and clean inside the mansion." Luna said to herself. She returned the tools to their proper places and went back inside, making sure she took off her shoes and cleaned them off, setting them to the side to dry.

Luna went back up the stairs to the master bedroom shut and locked the door and placed a barrier on it before walking into the master bathroom to shower once more with the clothes she wore earlier that morning and did the same thing to the bathroom door. Luna cleaned herself of all the dirt, grime and sweat on her skin, while the negative thoughts from yesterday and last night entered her mind once again. No matter how much she tried to block it all out, she couldn't get them to leave her alone. 'These thoughts are going to eat away at me if I keep them to myself for much longer. I'll talk to Alastor tomorrow and let him go, but not until the gala is over so it won't ruin his night. I just hope I'll still be in one piece after all this.'

Turning off the shower, Luna dried herself off, put on her previous set of clothes (with clean undergarments) and cleaned the bathroom. Once she walked out, she then grabbed the spell book and recited the cleaning spell; just like that, the mansion was spotless. "Perhaps I should pack up my things and put them in one of the guest rooms now, that way it won't be such a hassle later on when he tells me to leave or when he takes them somewhere to be destroyed once he kills me. Either way, it'll be taken care of." Luna went into the attic and grabbed some boxes before going back into the bedroom and placed all of her clothes and belongings in them.